2023 Alaska

fleeflicker

I am new to Princess and need some help. Can someone tell me if it is a good idea to go on Princess with a teen? Also which ship would you recommend Majestic Princess, Sapphire Princess or Grand Princess? Thanks in advance 

Edited by fleeflicker
  • Like 1

We went in 2006 with an 18-year-old boy, a 16-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy. We were on the Diamond, which is the sister ship of the Sapphire. Our kids loved it. Of course they had each other to hang out with and didn't really interact with others. I suspect it depends on how easily your teen gets bored, along with how social he or she is. Our kids loved to wander around exploring the ship, or get pizza (I swear our youngest ate ten slices a day). They also played ping pong, mini golf and shot the basketball. They loved just watching the scenery, too.

My wife and I are going back next May for the third time, and chose the Sapphire over the others. If you like to spend time walking outdoors on the promenade, the Sapphire and Diamond have widest ones in the fleet and you can walk all the way around the ship.  This is especially great for viewing the glaciers and other scenery on the two days devoted to that. You can walk all the way around on the Grand, too, but it's not as spacious. The Majestic doesn't have one. We haven't been on the Majestic yet, but as a bigger ship it might have more to offer for a teen. 

On 8/7/2021 at 6:47 PM, Grislap said:

We went in 2006 with an 18-year-old boy, a 16-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy. We were on the Diamond, which is the sister ship of the Sapphire. Our kids loved it. Of course they had each other to hang out with and didn't really interact with others. I suspect it depends on how easily your teen gets bored, along with how social he or she is. Our kids loved to wander around exploring the ship, or get pizza (I swear our youngest ate ten slices a day). They also played ping pong, mini golf and shot the basketball. They loved just watching the scenery, too.

My wife and I are going back next May for the third time, and chose the Sapphire over the others. If you like to spend time walking outdoors on the promenade, the Sapphire and Diamond have widest ones in the fleet and you can walk all the way around the ship.  This is especially great for viewing the glaciers and other scenery on the two days devoted to that. You can walk all the way around on the Grand, too, but it's not as spacious. The Majestic doesn't have one. We haven't been on the Majestic yet, but as a bigger ship it might have more to offer for a teen. 

Thank you 

• Like 1