Port of Seattle: Covid Test Locations and Results Time

zgscl

On 8/25/2021 at 2:09 PM, Woodside Lady said:

We were on the 8/15 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise, the first to require testing.  Nearly everyone I met on the cruise had anxiety attacks concerning testing, including us...One couple we met onboard, from Wisconsin, tested there then flew to Seattle.  Still had no results on Saturday but showed up at the dock with their luggage.  The cruise line one hour tested them there and they were able to get on.  I wouldn’t plan on that being available in the future since they are still testing/on boarding crew...

Besides the anxiety, we lost a full day of vacation time dealing with Covid testing. Still it was nice to be onboard knowing everyone was both vaccinated and had tested negative within 72 hours of boarding.

Thanks for sharing your experience, very informative! I was curious what would happen to those on that first sailing who didn’t get their results in time. Did the couple contact HAL in advance, or did they take a chance that HAL would have a backup for that first test-required sailing?

We’re on the Aug 28 sailing, and flew in on Wed the 25 so we had to get our test in Seattle.  I had checked with our Hotel concierge when notification came out about Covid test requirement pre cruise.  We were referred to the Polyclinic that has walk up testing by appt or walk-in ( closed on Thursdays), located on Broadway in Capitol Hill area . We arrived at the Fairmont Wed by 1 pm our appts were at 3pm but we went  to Polyclinic earlier and it took all of 15 mins to be done.  Had our results by 10 am on Thursday. No out of pocket cost, they did take our insurance info,  you can go online to get info and make appt.  walked a couple of blocks to Starbucks Reserve Roastery after testing for drinks and charcuterie.  Really grateful to Fairmont concierge for spot on intel!!!

• Like 6

Hmmm and someone said this thread wasn't necessary.  I'm sorry.  I am just being very naughty today. 😈 Thanks everyone for the great information and MANY of us will find this extremely helpful for our upcoming cruises.  

• Like 2

For Canadians that will be flying down, at least out of Vancouver, there is a company offering Rapid Antigen Tests at YVR for $129 CAD per person. Results within 20-30 mins. If you are flying to the U.S. 72 hours or less prior to your cruise departure, you can use the same test results for your cruise as you used to enter the U.S.

• Like 2