Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins

Curt Jerome Wild

Angie,

I wasn't that close - I was in V23 the first of the obstructed view cabins. Actually, in that particular one, the view wasn't really THAT obstructed compared to the other obstructed view cabins.

Anyway, the bridge crew probably wouldn't have that direct of a view to your balcony because there is a stairway between the bridge windows and your balcony. However, they would be able to see you if they were looking that direction.

Too, there is a deck beneath your balcony too; it's not flush with the side of the ship, so there will be people walking beneath and sort of out in front of your balcony on the deck below. (The Lido deck)

The pedestrian traffic was never that heavy on my cruise, how. I don't have it on-line, I'll try to remember to post it when I get home tonight, but I do have a photo from the lido level looking up towards my balcony.

This photo was taken from the Verandah level from the deck at the very front of the ship directly above the bridge, looking back towards the Verandah Suites:

http://csimelissa.smugmug.com/gallery/3506036#198247302

You can see the Lido level walkway underneath the balconies.

Hope this helps!!!

So Cat11 on the Fantasy does not have a tub--just a shower?

By the way Im the one that started the thread about3 weeks ago about my reservations/deposit gettin lost and had paid in full for the cat12 penthouse suite which had a tub and bigger balcony--will be upset if I compared the tow rooms? I have v18 now

The Verdandah suites on the Fantasy class ships are considered "demi suites" because they are smaller than the Penthouse suites (I think). I believe on the Fantasy ships the penthouse suites are only on the Upper deck, which is below the Empress deck.

The room was only somewhat bigger than the oceanview rooms I normally stay in on the Empress deck. The bathroom was the same size. There is only a shower, not a tub.

Having never seen a penthouse suite in person on a Fantasy class ship, I don't know if you will be let down or not. Sorry I can't help in that regard!

All I can say is this: the room was nice; I was very happy with it. LOVED the balcony. Too, depending on the ship you will be on, it may have been refurbished already, so the room will be updated.

So far I've only sailed on the Fantasy class ships, so I can't compare them to other ships.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, just finding this thread because we just upgraded our room from an OVG to CAT11 on the FANTASY out of NOLA. We have room V14. Have been reading through all of the posts and I am confused, first time cruiser here.... We are cruising on the Fantasy but I read about Fantasy Class ships???? :confused: :confused: Now don't laugh to much at me. I was just looking for clarification and to see if anyone has pictures or reviews of V14 on the Fantasy Ship out of NOLA. We will be leaving 8/4/08. :D

Hi all, just finding this thread because we just upgraded our room from an OVG to CAT11 on the FANTASY out of NOLA. We have room V14. Have been reading through all of the posts and I am confused, first time cruiser here.... We are cruising on the Fantasy but I read about Fantasy Class ships???? :confused: :confused: Now don't laugh to much at me. I was just looking for clarification and to see if anyone has pictures or reviews of V14 on the Fantasy Ship out of NOLA. We will be leaving 8/4/08. :D

Carnival divides its ships into classes. Fantasy class includes the ships Carnival Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, and Paradise.

These are all the same "floor plan" and configuration. Pictures of one are representative of pictures of another. Style and colors, as well as themes, are different from one ship to the next.

Thanks for the info peaceful!!! Now I have read where CAT12 & 11's get VIP Boarding. Is this true on all ships and what does that entail???

VIP boarding allows you to get into a special line and be boarded faster (because of the special attention) than other guests; those in a suite and those with platinum (10 or more cruises) status all get VIP. I have never cruised out of NOLA, but in Tampa, it was quite nice. That's really all the VIP consists of, but it adds to the excitement in my opinion (Excuse me, can you direct me to the VIP boarding line?).

Vic/leelee, I am sailing on the Fantasy 4/5/08 in the cabin next to the one that you have. I will let you know how it is and answer any questions when I get back. Michelle

Thank you so much, Michelle. that would be great!!!!! Hope you have a great cruise!!! I know we will have tons of questions for you!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all!

Questions have been asked/embedded in other posts about this cabin category in other posts, so I thought I'd start a thread on it's own to answer the questions.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins are the demi-suite balcony rooms on the Verandah deck on (in alphabetical order)

Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, and Sensation.

Note that they are a demi-suite (or mini-suite) not a full suite, so they are about the equivalent size of the balcony rooms on the bigger ships.

I have stayed in both Category 11 and Category 12 on this class, and I must say that I am a bigger fan of the 11, for my own personal preferences. If I were to sail on this ship class again, I'd book the 11 and not the 12.

Balconies are small in comparison to the new ships, big enough for two chairs and a table, or one full size deck chair lounger. But, it has the best views on the ship. (Just don't book the obstructed views V23, V25, V27, V34, V38, or V42. Great if you get a free upgrade, but otherwise don't).

It also the one location on the ship with the fewest cabins, so unless you have the bad luck of rowdy neighbors, very quiet and very little traffic.

Also a great location to all activities.

Here are some pictures below (mine with a lot of pics and angles)

And some from other people who got shots I didnt' get.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Demi-Suite and various balcony views

http://community.webshots.com/user/curtjeromewild

Verandah Balcony Door

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098574044717972rkoNas

Verandah Balcony Deck Chair

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098730044717972CElVEb

Category 11 Room (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159099257044717972waDizU

If you're worried about the rocking, it wasn't much worse, than other areas of the ship. And you are right there with an ocean breeze, and a horizon to look at. My finace gets carsick, and we both took Bonine starting the day before the cruise, and she never had a problem at all. In fact she said she had the best sleep ever, because the boat gently rocked her to sleep each night.:)

Now, some people have had great experiences in this Category, and some haven't, mostly because their expectations were unrealistic for what this cabin type is and isn't. :confused: This is for people to see and know what they're getting, so that you can take full advantage of the benefits, and get off and running on a great vacation. Your vacation is what you make it, if you choose to have fun you will.

Hope this helps people!

Ask any specific questions, or feel free to add.

Curt Jerome Wild

PS Don't forget to take advantage of your Skipper's Club, skip the long line and get on ahead of everybody else!:D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I have these cabins available on the Verandah Deck: #s 6,10, 5, 7, 30. Any advice?

Hey all!

Questions have been asked/embedded in other posts about this cabin category in other posts, so I thought I'd start a thread on it's own to answer the questions.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins are the demi-suite balcony rooms on the Verandah deck on (in alphabetical order)

Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, and Sensation.

Note that they are a demi-suite (or mini-suite) not a full suite, so they are about the equivalent size of the balcony rooms on the bigger ships.

I have stayed in both Category 11 and Category 12 on this class, and I must say that I am a bigger fan of the 11, for my own personal preferences. If I were to sail on this ship class again, I'd book the 11 and not the 12.

Balconies are small in comparison to the new ships, big enough for two chairs and a table, or one full size deck chair lounger. But, it has the best views on the ship. (Just don't book the obstructed views V23, V25, V27, V34, V38, or V42. Great if you get a free upgrade, but otherwise don't).

It also the one location on the ship with the fewest cabins, so unless you have the bad luck of rowdy neighbors, very quiet and very little traffic.

Verandah Balcony Door

If you're worried about the rocking, it wasn't much worse, than other areas of the ship. And you are right there with an ocean breeze, and a horizon to look at. My finace gets carsick, and we both took Bonine starting the day before the cruise, and she never had a problem at all. In fact she said she had the best sleep ever, because the boat gently rocked her to sleep each night.:)

Now, some people have had great experiences in this Category, and some haven't, mostly because their expectations were unrealistic for what this cabin type is and isn't. :confused: This is for people to see and know what they're getting, so that you can take full advantage of the benefits, and get off and running on a great vacation. Your vacation is what you make it, if you choose to have fun you will.

Hope this helps people!

Curt Jerome Wild

PS Don't forget to take advantage of your Skipper's Club, skip the long line and get on ahead of everybody else!:D

• 4 weeks later...

We just got off the Fascination. Cabin V34. Yes, it was slightly obstructed, but not nearly as bad as some of the others.

The location of the room was great. The Verandah deck is quiet due to the lack of foot traffic.

The Fascination recently went through some upgrades, but did not get the entire Evolutions of Fun yet. The room did have a flat screen tv, new carpet, updated bath and VERY comfortable bedding.

Here are a couple pics of the cabin and view from V34:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2682093050104563544KwkaEm?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2990240210104563544fojfUm?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2518525100104563544NejWrD?vhost=good-times

• 5 weeks later...
Hey all!

Verandah Balcony Door

Hope this helps people!

Curt Jerome Wild

Is Carnival going to change the balcony door to a full glass door on the Penthouse Cat 12 during dry dock?

2190931690079337728sSsXdz_ph.jpg get_flash_player.gif

I just wanted to post some quotes from another thread...

People are talking about how private and empty this area is (after sailaway)...

;)

Where is your favorite spot to hang out on the Fantasy class ships? Any special romantic/quiet place you have found?

Go up to the Verandah deck then all the way forward. There'll be a door there... go through the door... up the stairs to the next door and open it... Step out into one of the loveliest views on any ship...
We have stayed in the interior rooms along that hallway.

I love that observation area. Other than sailaway it never seems to get much attention.

Bolding is mine...

Just to reiterate the point that this area, these balconies, and the decks barely ever have any people traffic.

People go there for sailaway, then promptly forget about it for the rest of the cruise.

Quiet and private.:cool:

Just booked cabin V1 on the Fascination. Can anyone tell me how this room is? Do you feel a lot of rocking? Good views? Any pictures?

Thanks

This is the "BEST" cabin on the Fantasy class ships! And I really wouldn't want this information to get out! :)There is no one across from you and only one cabin on one side. If you look on the Carnival site, it shows an exit next to this cabin, but this is wrong, the exit is on the other side Cabin V2. These are pictures of V1 on The Sensation and The Inspiration. We have not been on The Fascination, but I would think it would be similar. It is ao quiet here. There are a lot of people that do not like this area as they say the balconies are not private compared to the Cat 12, and they are small,but we love it, because it is so quiet on this deck.

216973598_2006..SENSATIONCRUISE...41PHOTOS113.jpg.8c967e1728d52eade5b33f8ba80483b3.jpg

1239348821_COZUMELMEXICO...October07012.jpg.1874251a8df9344be8b6cd0fdb8b5399.jpg

1759230867_COZUMELMEXICO...October07014.jpg.78cb4b13afa65a206a371c9fb1aecfe8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I sailed on Imagination Feb 2-6. Cabin V-6

Here's my brief review, then on to the all important photos.

Room was spacious! Plus, a lot of the photos out on the internet are of the rooms before the renovation, I found the new decor much more tasteful

Plenty of closet space (three closets, one with drawers (and life jackets and safe) one which had the extra bedding in it, and one which had nothing but space, Flat screen tv (no vcr or dvd player), mini fridge (kept things cool, but not ice cold), and three rows of shelves above the mini fridge with wine and drink glasses, desk area and drawers with a big round mirror. They had I think three US electrical outlets at the desk, and one european outlet. A pull-out couch with a granite-top coffee table.

Bathroom had an outlet for an electric shaver. Bathroom was bigger than I imagined it would be! I think the shower is actually bigger than the one in my partner's apartment. granted, the bathroom is smaller than almost anyone's home bathroom but it was more than enough.

Balcony was small, as expected, if you sit in the chair, your knees hit the railing! But it was perfect for stepping out for a breath of fresh air, watching the ship pull out of port, etc. I loved it.

I know some people say they prefer the starboard side on the verandah deck because, even though the V deck has almost no one on it, those visiting the observation deck would have to walk down the port side to get to the door to access the observation deck. Even with that, we never heard anyone in our hall, except when they were delivering bags to the staterooms, so I think you're fine on the port or starboard side.

Also, the gym was right above us, which i thought would be a big problem, but I think we heard a bump once from above the entire cruise, nothing else, so that shouldn't be a worry for anyone.

As for the motion sickness, my partner and I both got queasy. One night we knew it wasn't just us, they had to cancel a stage show for fear of dancers falling off the stage because of the boat rocking. But I generally felt less queasy the more centered and lower we were on the ship. As a disclaimer, I did not take Bonine, so I think in the future I will do so before even boarding as a preventative measure.

In these photos you can see the configuration as twin beds and king beds, since it was set up as a twin when we got there, and had to have the steward move the two beds together.

I used a bungee cord to keep the balcony door open when possible, although i think literally every other cabin had people smoking on the balcony, and I didn't want that smell coming in the room, so it was closed most of the time. You don't need a long bungee cord, the door practically touches the railing when open!

Another nice touch, if you want the bathroom door or hall door to stay open, there is a magnet that holds them in place when they're fully opened! I've heard other boards talk about needing door stops to hold doors open in the room. Not necessary in these rooms.

OK here are the photos: My partner had just gotten a new job, so it's decorated with the congratulations banner you can order on the carnival web site as a bon voyage gift

Any other questions about the cabins, I would be glad to answer them if I can!

cruise006.jpg

cruise007.jpg

cruise012.jpg

cruise011.jpg

cruise013.jpg

cruise014.jpg

CJW, you have done everyone a great service by sharing all of your information on the fantasy ship suites. I know you played an important part for me when I choose my cat 11, V-9, on Ecstasy. We just got off the ship Saturday and had a wonderful time. EastoftheBoston, your pictures are wonderful - way better than the ones I took. I went with my son, so we also had the beds taken apart.

On the Ecstasy, our cabin did not have a vcr or a dvd player. I never asked the room steward to get us one, so don't know if they were available. We did have a nice flat screen tv, big closets, cuddly robes and an awesome view. The priority boarding was GREAT. I talked to several folks onboard who said that they had to wait in long lines to board. Not us, we were the second ones on the ship that day.

I totally would recommend V-9 on Ecstasy, its a really nice cabin, close to everything, extremely quiet, super comfortable - I could go on and on (I just got off the boat Saturday - and wish I were still cruising).

We sailed on the Fantasy 2-2-09. We loved our Cat. 11...there was more than enough space for two. I think it was as big as our room at the Hilton! It was very quiet. The only traffic past the balcony was arriving and leaving the two ports. Here are a couple of pics.

The room when you first walk in:

DSCN0110.jpg

Another view:

DSCN0111.jpg

View from the balcony, looking in:

DSCN0112.jpg

Flat screen, large mirror (with terrible lighting). There were plugs for DVD/VCR connections:

DSCN0113.jpg

The balcony:

DSCN0115.jpg

The view from the balcony looking forward:

DSCN0114.jpg

I would sail Fantasy class again in a heartbeat! The ship was the perfect size, and this suite was great.