Muster Time on Pride

nina_930

We are set to depart at 5pm.  With the new muster drill, do they still make the announcement and turn off the elevators?  Or do we just go to our station at anytime and scan our cards?  If they turn the elevators off, does anyone know what time it is.  My mom cant do stairs very well so I'm trying to prepare to be on the right deck at the right time.

• Like 1

You goto your muster station after you get on and watch someone put a life vest on.

Then you get checked off a list.

The people that don't get their sail cards locked and called over the PA system and the ship doesn't leave until they do.

I've never heard about elevators being turned off sorry.

Edited by Sailin_Pirate
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

You goto your muster station after you get on and watch someone put a life vest on.

Then you get checked off a list.

The people that don't get their sail cards locked and called over the PA system and the ship doesn't leave until they do.

I've never heard about elevators being turned off sorry.

That's exactly what I needed to know.  Thank you, one less thing to worry about. 

Would you suggest going straight there or waiting until after we eat?  Hoping to get one of the first time slots on.

54 minutes ago, nina_930 said:

That's exactly what I needed to know.  Thank you, one less thing to worry about. 

Would you suggest going straight there or waiting until after we eat?  Hoping to get one of the first time slots on.

Just don't be one of those they have to make announcements to comply and delay sailaway. Some guests just need to git-r-done before they should be allowed to get that first bucket of beer.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mondello said:

Just don't be one of those they have to make announcements to comply and delay sailaway. Some guests just need to git-r-done before they should be allowed to get that first bucket of beer.

No, no.  That's not me.  Those people drive me nuts.  Just do what you have to do when they ask us to do it.  Not a hard concept.  Why make it difficult for other people?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nina_930 said:

I would suggest going as soon as you board.  We were in and out of Muster in less than 2 minutes and could then get into vacation mode without having to remember to go back to Muster!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruising with kiddos said:

I would suggest going as soon as you board.  We were in and out of Muster in less than 2 minutes and could then get into vacation mode without having to remember to go back to Muster!  

A good idea, HOWEVER, how do you find out where your muster station is ahead of time?  As I recall I've always had to look at the ship's map once in our cabin.  I've looked but was never successful in finding the information online.

Edited by groundloop

Just now, curlydogusa said:

It will be right on your boarding documents - under your name next to your stateroom

Yes, your muster station designation (7A or something like that), but to figure out where that's at on the ship you'll need a map showing the muster stations.

2 hours ago, groundloop said:

Yes, your muster station designation (7A or something like that), but to figure out where that's at on the ship you'll need a map showing the muster stations.

Not sure if this is helpful for you, but it is true on almost most cruise ships.

Oh, and your muster station is on your sign and sail card.

The easy part is that it is almost universally true that A will be to the front and it moves aft as the letters increment. Sometimes the letters will work in pairs with A on port forward and B on starboard forward. 

If your muster station is a common meeting area A will be forward of the forward most stairs/elevators and B will be aft of them. C will be aft of the next set of stairs/elevators, and D will be Aft of the next set. Some times these will just be a letter, but if they are a number it likely is telling you the deck it is on. This is how it works for the Carnival Pride. For instance, if your muster area is D3, it is the 3rd deck all the way aft which is a dining room. If you are in A4, you are all the way forward on the 4th deck which is the theater. 

On ships where the muster stations are at the life rafts, the letters are similar but the numbers tell you which side of the ship. Even is port, odd is starboard. So A2, A4, A6 would be the first 3 life boats forward on the port side. B1, B3, B5 would be just aft of the most forward stairs/elevators on the starboard side.

Hopefully this helps and I didn't add to the confusion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

Hopefully this helps and I didn't add to the confusion. 

Clear as mud.  😁

I just wish Carnival would include muster stations on the deck plan diagrams on their website.  Maybe it's available somewhere online, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

16 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Clear as mud.  😁

I just wish Carnival would include muster stations on the deck plan diagrams on their website.  Maybe it's available somewhere online, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

It is a little surprising that they don't. What ship are you going to be on?

18 hours ago, nina_930 said:

We are set to depart at 5pm.  With the new muster drill, do they still make the announcement and turn off the elevators?  Or do we just go to our station at anytime and scan our cards?  If they turn the elevators off, does anyone know what time it is.  My mom cant do stairs very well so I'm trying to prepare to be on the right deck at the right time.

Just to make sure you see this... the Carnival Pride is easy. Your Sign and Sail card will have your muster station on the bottom left. It should be a letter and a number. The letter A is the bow of the ship. B is between the 1st and 2nd elevator/stairs, C is between the 2nd and 3rd elevator/stairs. D is the Aft of the ship.

The number tells you the deck you need to be on. If you get A4, it is fourth deck forward which is the main theater. D3 is the other one I am aware of which is the third deck main dining room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, groundloop said:

A good idea, HOWEVER, how do you find out where your muster station is ahead of time?  As I recall I've always had to look at the ship's map once in our cabin.  I've looked but was never successful in finding the information online.

Look on your state room door. It will show you where it is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

Just to make sure you see this... the Carnival Pride is easy. Your Sign and Sail card will have your muster station on the bottom left. It should be a letter and a number. The letter A is the bow of the ship. B is between the 1st and 2nd elevator/stairs, C is between the 2nd and 3rd elevator/stairs. D is the Aft of the ship.

The number tells you the deck you need to be on. If you get A4, it is fourth deck forward which is the main theater. D3 is the other one I am aware of which is the third deck main dining room. 

This is great info!  Everyone should know this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nina_930 said:

This is great info!  Everyone should know this.

It's not the same on every ship (which is what I laid out in my longer post above) but the Pride should be set up this way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Look on your state room door. It will show you where it is.

Yes, that's the way it's always been.  My point is that it would be really really nice (especially with Carnival now doing e-muster, which I think is a great idea) to know EXACTLY where your muster station is so you can check in as soon as you get on the ship.

Edited by groundloop

On 8/12/2021 at 8:14 AM, groundloop said:

Your muster station is printed on your boarding docs.  While I can't speak for the entire fleet, the Breeze was really pushing you to go to your muster station first.  They had a TON of staff as you walked in ready to check your boarding docs and direct you where to go so that you could take care of this right away.  

I've been on Pride 7X and muster stations are easy to find on board.

As mentioned, it's listed on your sign and sail and also in your cabin.

With all the new changes it might be different once she starts sailing again

and no one will know for sure until the first cruise on Sept. 12th.

I will miss sailing on Pride from Baltimore.  I was addicted!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 7:24 PM, nina_930 said:

I'll be interested to hear your report on Bimini and what was offered from Carnival besides the "cabanas" we discussed before as we said the Pride in October. 

6 hours ago, BroadwayGirl said:

I'll be interested to hear your report on Bimini and what was offered from Carnival besides the "cabanas" we discussed before as we said the Pride in October. 

We leave in a few weeks.  I'll add a post.

• Like 1