Quick UDP Question

I want to purchase the UDP package for our Harmony cruise in January.  We've had the UDP before, but it's been a while (DUH!)  When I go into the system to reserve it, It asks for a time, and it requires me to pick a time (only 5:30 and 8:30 are available).  I don't remember having to do this the last time.  My recollection is that I got on board and immediately made all of my reservations for the times I wanted.  Am I stuck with 8:30 dining every night, or will I be able to make changes once on board?  If we have to eat at 8:30, we'll just stick with MTD in the MDR.

You select a time for THE FIRST NIGHT ONLY.   The cruise line picks the restaurant.  Having said that, when you get onboard, you can change the restaurant they picked for night 1 if you choose and if space is available.

You are then able to reserve the rest of the cruise if you know when/where you wish to use the plan.  We do this every time and for the last several times, no restaurant reservation has been made by RC for night 1 as many people change what the line chose for them and it appeared to have mixed up many reservations for that night.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

You select a time for THE FIRST NIGHT ONLY.   The cruise line picks the restaurant.  Having said that, when you get onboard, you can change the restaurant they picked for night 1 if you choose and if space is available.

You are then able to reserve the rest of the cruise if you know when/where you wish to use the plan.  We do this every time and for the last several times, no restaurant reservation has been made by RC for night 1 as many people change what the line chose for them and it appeared to have mixed up many reservations for that night.

Thank you.  That's how I remembered it from last time.  When I looked back, the time IS only for the first night.  I was able to plan around shows, etc. (with my handy-dandy spreadsheet) and get almost everything I wanted,  I hope this time will be the same, although I am having a bit of sticker shock at the increase in pricing for EVERYTHING.