Booking speciality dining for three people.

ted500

Hi everyone, sorry if I’m being a bit stupid here but I have an upcoming cruise on the Encore and was looking to book some speciality dining. We are two cabins with three people in total. When I try to book online the app only gives me the options for 2,4,6 or 8 people! 
Is this normal? Maybe it’s best to just book onboard. That’s obviously if I’m able to travel to the USA from England by then (fingers and toes crossed!) Any advice welcome.

Regards to all 

Just book it for four people. That’s what most people (including us) do in this situation.

The only issue is if you are booking a fixed price place and don’t have a dining package, as you would have to pay for the four places. If that is the case then you are likely to have to wait until you board (although maybe phoning may work, Im

not sure).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

The only issue is if you are booking a fixed price place and don’t have a dining package, as you would have to pay for the four places. If that is the case then you are likely to have to wait until you board (although maybe phoning may work, Im

not sure).

I believe the fixed-price venues allow booking odd numbers.  The rest of the venues only book even but as noted a table of 3 is sat at a table for 4.  No need to adjust when boarding, just show up for your reservation and confirm your are only 3 instead of the 4, it doesn't matter much except for the number of places set (and they don't reserve a specific table in advance so it's easily adjusted).

18 minutes ago, hallux said:

I believe the fixed-price venues allow booking odd numbers.  The rest of the venues only book even but as noted a table of 3 is sat at a table for 4.  No need to adjust when boarding, just show up for your reservation and confirm your are only 3 instead of the 4, it doesn't matter much except for the number of places set (and they don't reserve a specific table in advance so it's easily adjusted).

It seems to be more random than that.

For example, looking at my last dining reservation, I was able to book for 3 people at Cagneys, La Cucina and Moderno, but had to book for 4 in Teppanyaki and a second Moderno booking.

I’ve certainly had to book 4 places in Moderno and Teppanyaki quite a few times.

Thanks for all your help.

I just was worried that booking for four might have stopped a reservation for somebody else etc when only three turn up. I think I understand it all a little more now. Still confusing that they don’t just let you select the number of guests but hey, what do I know! Thanks again to all.