Paying balance

NaomiW

I am trying to pay my balance online but it has been 'processing' it for about an hour now. I dont want to refresh or cancel incase it takes a duplicate payment  Is anyone aware of any issues with the website? Ive tried calling but they have an automated message saying they are too busy to take calls and cut me off. Its definitely not the computer as Im working alongside the payment screen with no delays in loading any other site..

Personally, I’d start again. Processing never takes more than a couple of minutes at the outside.

It’s failed for some reason, and the chances of a double debit are remote, and you’d get it back in any event. If you’re concerned though, check with the card company that it’s not gone through first.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:49 AM, NaomiW said:

I am trying to pay my balance online but it has been 'processing' it for about an hour now. I dont want to refresh or cancel incase it takes a duplicate payment  Is anyone aware of any issues with the website? Ive tried calling but they have an automated message saying they are too busy to take calls and cut me off. Its definitely not the computer as Im working alongside the payment screen with no delays in loading any other site..

The same thing happened to me recently when I paid the balance for my Cunard, same IT system. I certainly would not start again as you might end up paying twice. I put my credit card details in and pressed confirm and got the rotating circle for over 15 minutes with nothing happening. So I closed everything down and then left it until next morning and contacted my credit card and they confirmed that the payment had gone through. I got no confirmation  by e-mail that the payment had gone through and money received by Cunard.

Hi I have had a similar problem although on my screen it showed the final balance as being gbp 158.00 when it should be more like  4k. But have not been able to get any response from P and O even though i have been trying for over a week.

P&O phone lines are a nightmare at the moment.  
Personally I would pay the balance showing of £158.00 you might find that will make the system update over the next 24 hours. Even if it doesn’t it would confirm your intention to pay and not let the booking lapse.

hi pink belle very tempting. but I have now received a reply from P and O to one of my e mails agreeing that the website payment function is not working properly and they will get somebody to call me to resolve the issue. So at least they now acknowledge the problem but i am not exactly sat here with baited breath awaiting the call.

• Like 1