Cancelllation Policy

5waldos

Does anyone know what the actual cancellation policy on Silversea is?  We are thinking of cancelling a booking for Sept., 2022. In one place I read that it is $200 to cancel, in another place I read that it is $250 pp plus an administration fee. What is shown in the terms and conditions online is quite different from the one attached to emails I have received. It makes a difference.

I believe that the terms changed for bookings made beginning in late July (or perhaps only for the new 23-24 itineraries announced in late July).   The previous admin fee was $200 per booking, applicable to a new cruise booked within (as I recall) a year, for travel at any time.  The new fee is $250 per person, also applicable to a new cruise if that new cruise is booked at least a year after the cancellation.

Your invoice should show details.

6 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Does anyone know what the actual cancellation policy on Silversea is?

Were you able to get your question answered?  Someone asked the same one today on Facebook.

I agree with Observer.  The cancellation costs are contained on your invoice.

Interesting that the Terms and Conditions page shows the $200 but yes, the invoice showed the $250 each. Or the latest invoice does. My original invoice showed the $200 fee. May have to see about the additional $300 although I am not counting on anything. 

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

Our original invoice was the $200. When we inquired about dropping the air package we were sent a second invoice with the $250pp. Same booking number, different invoice. So- which is it? 

If you made a change to your booking (i.e. dropped air in order to capture the credit), then you are bound by the new invoice’s cancellation policy (i.e. $250/pp)