eDocs - How soon after check-in?

ScratchTheRat

1 hour ago, ScratchTheRat said:

I just completed check in for my cruise in 21 days and all is at 100%, it says we will get an e-mail when eDocs are ready, does anyone know roughly how long that takes?

Thanks 🙂

We got the email in the app about an hour later(yesterday) but cannot access our docs. Some others on our cruise called tech support to have them unlocked.  I will be doing that later today as mine are still not available to me.  

8 minutes ago, greg2014 said:

I filled all secions in check-in but see 80% progress only. "Health and safety" secion is not marked as done although I filled all fields.

Any ideas what I should do ?

they cannot be fully competed until 21 days before your sail date as the health and saftey part gets updated 

8 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

I just completed check in for my cruise in 21 days and all is at 100%, it says we will get an e-mail when eDocs are ready, does anyone know roughly how long that takes?

Thanks 🙂

I'm on the September 4 cruise and finished up the last section of the health & safety section as soon s it was available at 21 days before departure. I never received an email but whenever I clicked the eDocs button, I kept getting a message that the eDocs were not ready yet. I checked with NCL via chat and they told me I just had to call their support number during business hours to get them released. I did that this morning and was able to download them with just a simple refresh. That support number is 866 625-1160 - select option 0.

Edited by wacruiselover
correct phone number

I finished checkin at 21 days and also saw that it said I'd get an email.  Never got an email but noticed a button at the bottom of the checkin page that said download docs.  Clicked on that and 'boom' everything was there and ready to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess we'll have to call tech support, too, our cruise is in 9 days, all sections of the check-in are complete, but still it says our reservation isn't ready. Is it because we booked using a TA? Or the fact that we submitted an upgrade but haven't heard back from NCL yet? I keep trying to download the eDocs but no joy.

8 minutes ago, saltsandknit said:

I got mine the next day in an email. I have upgrade bids as well it shouldn’t matter if you booked with a TA.

On hold with tech support now. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but my wife and I have a million things to do before our cruise and we wanted this to be taken care of.

UPDATE: just as I was typing this message, the tech support woman came back on the phone and I'm now able to see my docs and print them.

Thank you to the person who posted that tech support number!! I'm very grateful to you.

@saltsandknit, will we see you onboard? I think I'm correct in assuming you're on the same sailing as we are.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

On hold with tech support now. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but my wife and I have a million things to do before our cruise and we wanted this to be taken care of.

UPDATE: just as I was typing this message, the tech support woman came back on the phone and I'm now able to see my docs and print them.

Thank you to the person who posted that tech support number!! I'm very grateful to you.

@saltsandknit, will we see you onboard? I think I'm correct in assuming you're on the same sailing as we are.

I used the live chat on the website and got my edocs an hour later

• Like 2

I was not able to, at any point, print mine out. Every day until day of cruise, the website told me that the edocs were not ready. Then day of cruise the cruise itself disappeared from my account because it assumes we are on the cruise. It wasn't a problem, at checkin they just found us by name, but it was a little worrying and weird at the time.

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

We will be there. We plan on meeting with the roll call group. Otherwise you can find us wherever there is dancing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

I forgot to print my edocs. I know, very stupid. I found it out today, 2 days before my Epic cruise will sail from Barcelona. I just contact NCL, I hope I can print them out tonight. I am a bit stressed now!!

Don't be. They can look you up by name/booking ref/id when you get there. When I called in on the Saturday that I wasn't able to ever print them, they said it didn't really matter. I am sure it would slow stuff down if many turned up without edocs because they need to check the manifest, but I wouldn't stress over it.

1 minute ago, notworkste said:

Don't be. They can look you up by name/booking ref/id when you get there. When I called in on the Saturday that I wasn't able to ever print them, they said it didn't really matter. I am sure it would slow stuff down if many turned up without edocs because they need to check the manifest, but I wouldn't stress over it.

Thank you! It will be fine. It is 2021 at the moment, so they figure it out. 

4 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Try using Edge browser.  I foind Chrome never worked but Edge did!

Thanks, I was using Firefox and also had the same problem with the app, so I don't think the browser was the problem. In fact, I'm sure it wasn't, because after the tech support lady helped me, I was able to download the documents- using Firefox. 😄 It was clearly something on their end.