Onboard testing for next cruise

I read that Royal will provide Covid testing onboard for those that need it for travel at disembarkation. I think the test is conducted the day before disembarkation. I wonder if they would do that in my case. I have a RCL cruise booked which leaves Port Canaveral the Sunday after the Saturday I disembark in Miami on another RCL ship.

I am pretty sure that B2Bers on the same ship get on-board testing. But what about cases like mine? Would they give me the onboard test Friday (or Thursday) and thus be within the three day rule that they've imposed? Otherwise I'll have to rush to get a test done the Saturday I'm driving North.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Hopefully someone out there has done the same. I know it's early in the cruising season.

And I know I can ask onboard or call. I would ask onboard regardless. This just helps with planning.

Edited by tiger-91

I heard someone say they were getting tested by royal for a side by side cruise.  I think it was a Fll and port canaveral or miami sailing.

Not sure about the difference of a day.  Suggest you call and ask them.

And be prepared to find somewhere to get the rapid antigen test 

17 minutes ago, tiger-91 said:

I am pretty sure that B2Bers on the same ship get on-board testing. But what about cases like mine? Would they give me the onboard test Friday (or Thursday) and thus be within the three day rule that they've imposed? Otherwise I'll have to rush to get a test done the Saturday I'm driving North.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-i-book-back-to-back-cruises-at-this-time

We can accommodate vaccinated guests on as many consecutive/back-to-back cruises as they wish. Guests who sail on back-to-back cruises must show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. This test will be administered by Royal Caribbean at no expense to the guest, as long as your consecutive cruises are less than 3 days apart. Visit Guest Services while onboard to arrange this test ahead of your next cruise.

I always lament when people don't check the FAQs. But I did not find that one! I searched for "Covid testing onboard"."Consecutive cruise", etc. even when I just did "Back to back cruise" I wouldn't have clicked on your result, because I know it's possible.

Anyway Thanks again!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tiger-91 said:

I always lament when people don't check the FAQs. But I did not find that one! I searched for "Covid testing onboard"."Consecutive cruise", etc. even when I just did "Back to back cruise" I wouldn't have clicked on your result, because I know it's possible.

Anyway Thanks again!

I would bring a printout of the FAQ from the website because this is a unique situation (side-to-side leaving on a different day vs. a true back-to-back) that Guest Services may not be familiar with, and it's quite possible their initial response will be "no".  And of course bring your documents to prove you're on the next cruise.

• Like 1