Scarlet Lady - Long Weekender 20th August 2021 - short review

peteukmcr

4 hours ago, FranciscoFamily said:

Were masks required onboard?  If so, in what areas?  Do you know if they sailed "full" or with reduced capacity?  Did it seem crowded anywhere?

Masks were recommended but not required indoors on the UK sailings (in line with current government policy), and on my two cruises I’d say the majority didn’t wear them although a significant minority did. 

For reference, masks are nowhere near as divisive in the UK as they are in the US. By and large, I think most Brits accept that it’s sensible to wear them in busy places.

The ship’s been at reduced capacity and never felt crowded - I never queued for anything (apart from the testing fiasco before the first cruise but that seems to have been a one-off).

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, FranciscoFamily said:

Were masks required onboard?  If so, in what areas?  Do you know if they sailed "full" or with reduced capacity?  Did it seem crowded anywhere?

As Mentioned, wearing masks was optional. I am a regular mask wearer.

HOWEVER everyone was double jabbed and had tested negative, all the crew had been double jabbed and no Covid reports from the previous 7 cruises. Therefore this was about risk management and therefore from the moment I boarded Scarlet Lady till the moment I disembarked, I never wore a mask. I had one in my pocket in case I felt uneasy but the cruise never felt busy nor was I ever in a very crowded situation!

Heaven!

Don

9 hours ago, FranciscoFamily said:

Masks were optional in all areas. I doubt it was at full capacity, but I don’t know what the percentage was, sorry. 

More great coverage of the 20th August weekender aboard Scarlet Lady @peteukmcr . 

Between us we certainly had most aspects covered. We were well pleased with Micheal, the Beverage manager who, when I eloquently made my point regarding the non availability of Chianti in the Italian Restaurant, Extra Virgin, found booths  and our companions a surprise bottle by the time we returned to the cabin...

831839940_Cabin20ChiantiGiftfromBeverageManager.thumb.jpg.5f814426a17de8b34f231f8459f55809.jpg 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sarakenny said:

Another question for you: I purchased a bar tab. If my husband wants to buy a drink, do i have to buy it for him or is there a way to make it for both of us to use the bar tab? TIA

When I purchased the bar tab I was asked who it was to be associated with, so it was me. However, I also set up the on board account to be paid for by me, and that my partner could charge purchases to the account I was paying. Therefore, they could purchase drinks and it was debited from my bar tab. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sarakenny said:

Another question for you: I purchased a bar tab. If my husband wants to buy a drink, do i have to buy it for him or is there a way to make it for both of us to use the bar tab? TIA

3 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

When I purchased the bar tab I was asked who it was to be associated with, so it was me. However, I also set up the on board account to be paid for by me, and that my partner could charge purchases to the account I was paying. Therefore, they could purchase drinks and it was debited from my bar tab. 

That's exactly as we used the bar tab purchase and had no problem at all.

5 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Thanks! So I just set this up with guest services when I get onboard?

18 hours ago, sarakenny said:

Virgin Voyages told me everyone in the cabin could use it and never said we had to do anything to set that up

1 hour ago, MLJS said:

Virgin Voyages told me everyone in the cabin could use it and never said we had to do anything to set that up

And when I bought the bar tab, I was told that only I could use it - but that was back in April so perhaps things changed. 

• 2 weeks later...