Thermal Suites

Embem

I bought the thermal suite/thalasso therapy pool pass for myself and my husband for our December Cruise on the Breeze. I have been told that the thermal suite on the Breeze is one of the best for Carnival, so I really wanted to make a point to try it! This will be my first time in the thermal suites on any ship, so I do have some questions that hopefully someone can help me out with!

I know the thermal suite is basically like a set of fancy saunas with the heated loungers, so it will be warm/hot, but what type of temperature is the thalasso pool? Is it cool/cold to refresh yourself after the heated rooms or is it warm like a hot tub? I am from the midwest where we take a sauna or sit in a hot tub and then roll in the snow afterwards, so this info seems almost critical to me 🤣

Also - are there any restrictions to what I can bring in with me to the thermal rooms? In my mind, I like the idea of packing a sheet mask in my luggage and then popping it on while I lay on the heated loungers or even sipping on a margarita while I steam. 

Finally - does anyone have any spa words of wisdom? I am really looking forward to this, and would love to hear your experiences with the thermal suite on Carnival! 

The Breeze and the Dream are mostly identical and have wonderful Thermal Suites. I would say the pool is like a hot tub but not miserably hot like it is on the deck outside in the sun.  i have taken a bottle of water and a book to read (or my ipad in a waterproof case) while in the pool, sauna and loungers. I think the mask would be okay. I have never seen anyone drinking alcohol while in the rooms. Maybe someone else will answer that. They have a cool room to cool down afterwards with ice water. I am going on MG in  a few weeks and Heald has said that masks were not required in spa or gym. Enjoy!

• Like 1

I live for the Cloud 9 Spa and frankly will only sail on the Dream Class ships because of it.  Three on the Magic and three on the Breeze so far..all Spa Cabins.  Have not sailed since 2018 but will be on the Breeze in 6 weeks.  On our last cruise I logged about 30 hours in the thermal suite.  Here is my take:

Masks:  No idea what rules we will have.

Drinks:  Not allowed.  And frankly you would not want them unless you are talking about coffee or hot chocolate.  They will get very warm very quickly.  As stated above, there is ice cold fruited water available in Spa Services waiting area.  Glasses are provided but suggest stashing your Yeti in a locker to fill up before you depart the Spa area.

T-Pool:  It is warm.  Not hot.  Not hot enough to work up a sweat.  The heat will not drive you out of the pool.  Stupid conversation of others might.   Benefit is the water jets that relax the muscles.  I think the supposed "water chemistry" benefit is a bunch of BS.

Tepidarium (Heated loungers):   It takes a while but they will heat you up.  I am pretty tall so they were not all that comfortable for me.  Not all that quiet as all visitors to the three saunas pass through this area so there is constant traffic and noise when the doors to the T-Pool or lobby area are opened.  Once I was talking with another person in there and was "sushed" by a Karen.  Too funny.  

Aroma Steam Bath:  Entrance is just inside (immediate left) the Tepidarium.  This one has no view outside. For the serious sauna person as it can get very hot.  Poor that water on the "coals" stand up, and breathing can be a bit tough!  My favorite.

Laconium:  Entrance is inside the Tepidarium past and to the left of the heated loungers. Not too hot.  Kind of step down/cool down from the two steam baths.  Nice views of the water.

Oriental Steam Bath:  You pass through the Laconium to enter this one.  Not quite as hot as the Aroma Steam bath...probably due to being a bit bigger, the emergency exit door that did not seem to have as good of a seal as the one in the Aroma and of course the windows.   Still plenty warm though.

In any of the saunas you can sit, stand or lay down (if not overly crowded..never is).  Bring a couple towels for sitting or laying.

Plenty of towels either in the T-Pool or Tepidarium areas.  If not, more to be found in the nearby locker rooms.

On Sea Days, the busiest times seem to be late morning and mid afternoon leading up to dining hours.  On port days, the busiest times could be early (if arriving to port later) or just after the ship leaves port.  Late in the evening on any day it can be pretty quiet in there.  Many of times I was the only person in the entire Thermal Suite.

Locker Rooms:  The lockers have the locks similar to the room safe in that you set your own code each time.  The showers (at least in the mens locker room) are huge. I never showered in our cabin.  Never had to wait for one of the two showers.   Always pretty clean. And even though you were not suppose to, I left things in a locker overnight without issue..nothing valuable though.

On our 2018 cruise, one of the Spa gals recognized me from our 2017 cruise.  Asked if I was actually going to do anything else that week.  Too funny!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Badfinger said:

I live for the Cloud 9 Spa and frankly will only sail on the Dream Class ships because of it.  Three on the Magic and three on the Breeze so far..all Spa Cabins.  Have not sailed since 2018 but will be on the Breeze in 6 weeks.  On our last cruise I logged about 30 hours in the thermal suite.  Here is my take:

Masks:  No idea what rules we will have.

Drinks:  Not allowed.  And frankly you would not want them unless you are talking about coffee or hot chocolate.  They will get very warm very quickly.  As stated above, there is ice cold fruited water available in Spa Services waiting area.  Glasses are provided but suggest stashing your Yeti in a locker to fill up before you depart the Spa area.

T-Pool:  It is warm.  Not hot.  Not hot enough to work up a sweat.  The heat will not drive you out of the pool.  Stupid conversation of others might.   Benefit is the water jets that relax the muscles.  I think the supposed "water chemistry" benefit is a bunch of BS.

Tepidarium (Heated loungers):   It takes a while but they will heat you up.  I am pretty tall so they were not all that comfortable for me.  Not all that quiet as all visitors to the three saunas pass through this area so there is constant traffic and noise when the doors to the T-Pool or lobby area are opened.  Once I was talking with another person in there and was "sushed" by a Karen.  Too funny.  

Aroma Steam Bath:  Entrance is just inside (immediate left) the Tepidarium.  This one has no view outside. For the serious sauna person as it can get very hot.  Poor that water on the "coals" stand up, and breathing can be a bit tough!  My favorite.

Laconium:  Entrance is inside the Tepidarium past and to the left of the heated loungers. Not too hot.  Kind of step down/cool down from the two steam baths.  Nice views of the water.

Oriental Steam Bath:  You pass through the Laconium to enter this one.  Not quite as hot as the Aroma Steam bath...probably due to being a bit bigger, the emergency exit door that did not seem to have as good of a seal as the one in the Aroma and of course the windows.   Still plenty warm though.

In any of the saunas you can sit, stand or lay down (if not overly crowded..never is).  Bring a couple towels for sitting or laying.

Plenty of towels either in the T-Pool or Tepidarium areas.  If not, more to be found in the nearby locker rooms.

On Sea Days, the busiest times seem to be late morning and mid afternoon leading up to dining hours.  On port days, the busiest times could be early (if arriving to port later) or just after the ship leaves port.  Late in the evening on any day it can be pretty quiet in there.  Many of times I was the only person in the entire Thermal Suite.

Locker Rooms:  The lockers have the locks similar to the room safe in that you set your own code each time.  The showers (at least in the mens locker room) are huge. I never showered in our cabin.  Never had to wait for one of the two showers.   Always pretty clean. And even though you were not suppose to, I left things in a locker overnight without issue..nothing valuable though.

On our 2018 cruise, one of the Spa gals recognized me from our 2017 cruise.  Asked if I was actually going to do anything else that week.  Too funny!

Thanks for the details! Other than the obvious restroom and showers, are these areas coed or is there a full men’s and women’s side of everything?

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 9:16 AM, Embem said:

I bought the thermal suite/thalasso therapy pool pass for myself and my husband for our December Cruise on the Breeze. I have been told that the thermal suite on the Breeze is one of the best for Carnival, so I really wanted to make a point to try it! This will be my first time in the thermal suites on any ship, so I do have some questions that hopefully someone can help me out with!

I know the thermal suite is basically like a set of fancy saunas with the heated loungers, so it will be warm/hot, but what type of temperature is the thalasso pool? Is it cool/cold to refresh yourself after the heated rooms or is it warm like a hot tub? I am from the midwest where we take a sauna or sit in a hot tub and then roll in the snow afterwards, so this info seems almost critical to me 🤣

Also - are there any restrictions to what I can bring in with me to the thermal rooms? In my mind, I like the idea of packing a sheet mask in my luggage and then popping it on while I lay on the heated loungers or even sipping on a margarita while I steam. 

Finally - does anyone have any spa words of wisdom? I am really looking forward to this, and would love to hear your experiences with the thermal suite on Carnival! 

Although the room is warm,  the the lasso therapy pool will be comfortable.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 6:15 PM, cruisehappyinJune said:

Thanks for the details! Other than the obvious restroom and showers, are these areas coed or is there a full men’s and women’s side of everything?

I was on the Breeze a couple of weeks ago and everything is coed, except for the areas you mentioned.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 2:20 PM, LadyBuchman said:

Spa staff will give you your choice body scrub and mitt.  Good for allover exfoliation then humam OR self tan.

This is great information! Thank you! 

Is that included with the thermal suite pass or is there an extra charge for it?

On 8/28/2021 at 4:57 PM, Badfinger said:

Oh! The Yeti tip is a good one! 🙂 Wasn't planning on brining my own coffee cup, but now I will!