Flora- last minute wrinkle…help?

kent4489

Hi

I am sorry this is happening to you. I had a problem with celebrity awhile ago. I sent emails all over celebrity but finally got a response from this email address. You might want to try this

Not sure if it would help. Good luck and have a great time.

CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

What is so very wrong about how this is being managed is that on larger ships, Celebrity is taking on this responsibility aboard ship in the rare circumstance where it is necessary.  You might want to remind them of the following, and remind them that your Galapagos trip isn't an inexpensive Caribbean vacation:

*The St. Maarten government requires all unvaccinated guests age 10 and older, be tested 2 days prior to disembarking and visiting St. Maarten. Test will be provided onboard.

Looks like there is a testing site open at Quito Airport 24X7. I am going to research more this week (site is is called MedicalVIP with a  RT-PCR test for $45 USD).  Maybe test after landing in Quito Friday afternoon before Celebrity provides the transporting for us to the JW Marriott?

We are on the 11 day package for the 9/19/21 sailing and taking the red-eye flight out on Thursday evening, I am concerned about meeting the 72 hour testing requirement prior to travel to Galapagos (not sure what time the departure flight to Baltra will be, we will ask Celebrity Galapagos desk tomorrow).    https://ec.usembassy.gov/msg210826/

Looking forward to hearing from everyone on what they have learned/experienced with the new requirement.

Sue from California

• Like 2

OK, I found a testing site in Miami. We are staying at the EB Hotel and Good Hearts Testing actually sets up at the hotel. We can test at 3 PM and have results in 30 minutes. They will even provide a paper copy as well as an e-mail. The cost is $185.50 per person. I did confirm that it is a RT-PCR test. I also called the hotel to verify all the information. 

https://www.covidtestingmia.com/

I'm feeling much better about the situation. Still ticked that Celebrity left us hanging, but at least I was able to pick up their slack. 

Hertz4319, thank you for the e-mail address. I'm better off letting it go rather than dealing with anyone else at Celebrity. 

Canderson, right, for $20k, I expected more.... not more than what we purchased, but certainly everything we were assured of. And as I mentioned earlier, they specify on their website that they provide complimentary RT-PCR tests for unvaccinated minors in Quito. They obviously have arrangements that it can be done there in time.

Sippican, thanks. I did call them yesterday and spoke to 3 people, the last was a "supervisor". None of them had the least bit of concern and were actually kind of rude about it. I did call a "service agent" at the number provided on the automated reply. Maybe this was the resolutions dept. No help there either. The guy had no clue what I was talking about.

Calsnoozie, I feel bad for you with having the long flight and sorting out the time to test. The "supervisor" that I spoke to, told me to base testing time on arrival time in Baltra, which he said is 2:30 PM. (I'm sure if I call back, I would get a different answer!) So, I scheduled our test for 3 PM. Baltra is 2 hours behind us, so I'm not sure if this will be ok. Just now thought of that, so now I"m worried again! OY!

I will post back here if the testing site works out. Thanks again, everyone.

• Like 1

Covepoint, we will have the results in 30 minutes. We'll know well before we fly. We're both vaccinated (not that it is foolproof) and we have been pretty much laying low for over a week and will until we travel on Thurs. We live less than 2 hours from MIami. If positive, we'll just drive home.

Sippican, thanks! May be a good number to call after this is over. 😉

• Like 1

Ok, just an update. (Thank you AGAIN for letting me vent! 😀)

So, I emailed my “Celebrity vacation planner” twice on Friday re: this issue. And of course the phone calls, etc. on Saturday that I already mentioned.

Today, not a word from my “Celebrity vacation planner” or anyone from Celebrity. Sorry, but this company will never see any future business from me. Even if they are trying to work on a plan, someone should have contacted me today to ease my discomfort. At least to tell me if a 3 PM test is acceptable or do we need it later. We travel in 3 days. Maybe they could figure out what to do for the future cruises, but they should have dealt with this first cruise affected by this change since it’s coming up so soon. Maybe I’m lucky, but this is the WORST customer service I have ever endured. 

I told my husband that they probably flagged our cabin as problem people! 😀 But, we really are easy going and always have a good time, so ….. well, I’m done with them and we’ll just enjoy the trip. But, never again will I sail on Celebrity. 

PS., I did read that the cruise that just got back yesterday, missed their last day stops. Not sure why.

2 hours ago, kent4489 said:

Ok, just an update. (Thank you AGAIN for letting me vent! 😀)

So, I emailed my “Celebrity vacation planner” twice on Friday re: this issue. And of course the phone calls, etc. on Saturday that I already mentioned.

Today, not a word from my “Celebrity vacation planner” or anyone from Celebrity. Sorry, but this company will never see any future business from me. Even if they are trying to work on a plan, someone should have contacted me today to ease my discomfort. At least to tell me if a 3 PM test is acceptable or do we need it later. We travel in 3 days. Maybe they could figure out what to do for the future cruises, but they should have dealt with this first cruise affected by this change since it’s coming up so soon. Maybe I’m lucky, but this is the WORST customer service I have ever endured. 

I told my husband that they probably flagged our cabin as problem people! 😀 But, we really are easy going and always have a good time, so ….. well, I’m done with them and we’ll just enjoy the trip. But, never again will I sail on Celebrity. 

PS., I did read that the cruise that just got back yesterday, missed their last day stops. Not sure why.

Thank you for the update Kent4489.  So frustrating.  

Sue from California. 

Kent4489 & All,

We are on the 9/19/21 Inner Loop sailing and just got this email notice:

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Flora® for your Galapagos cruise vacation. Before we set sail, we have additional updates we would like to share with you regarding our Health and Safety Protocols.

Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we return to service, we are continuously evaluating all requirements from local government and health officials.

Effective September 1, 2021, the government of Ecuador is requiring all guests two years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status to present a negative RT-PCR test result, performed up to 72 hours prior to boarding their flight to the Galapagos.

We encourage all guests to get tested prior to departure from home and provide their own accredited test results. For guests who are experiencing our 10+ night package, we can provide the RT-PCR test in Quito if you are unable to get the test done prior to departure or cannot meet the 72-hour requirement. Please note the flight departure time to Galapagos is 12:04pm local time, on Sunday.

In addition to these test requirements, you will also need to visit www.salud.gob.ec and print out the government mandated health questionnaire. For your convenience the form can be found at the following link here. This questionnaire will need to be filled out completely prior to flying into Quito, Ecuador.

Celebrity Flora® will sail with a vaccinated crew, and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated. Guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit www.healthyatsea.com. We’re sailing with fewer guests for more space – and more luxury with even more activities to avoid large gatherings in public spaces.

We apologize for any inconvenience. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at (888) 751-9303 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

- Sue from California

• Like 1

So I reached out earlier today and left a message. The Galapagos Desk just returned my call. Although they are encouraging travelers to arrange their own PCR test within the 72 hour window if possible, they will administer them at the hotel the night of arrival if necessary.  Departure tests will also be available to those requiring a negative test for reentry to their country of origin. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, calsnoozie said:

Kent4489 & All,

We are on the 9/19/21 Inner Loop sailing and just got this email notice:

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Flora® for your Galapagos cruise vacation. Before we set sail, we have additional updates we would like to share with you regarding our Health and Safety Protocols.

Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we return to service, we are continuously evaluating all requirements from local government and health officials.

Effective September 1, 2021, the government of Ecuador is requiring all guests two years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status to present a negative RT-PCR test result, performed up to 72 hours prior to boarding their flight to the Galapagos.

We encourage all guests to get tested prior to departure from home and provide their own accredited test results. For guests who are experiencing our 10+ night package, we can provide the RT-PCR test in Quito if you are unable to get the test done prior to departure or cannot meet the 72-hour requirement. Please note the flight departure time to Galapagos is 12:04pm local time, on Sunday.

In addition to these test requirements, you will also need to visit www.salud.gob.ec and print out the government mandated health questionnaire. For your convenience the form can be found at the following link here. This questionnaire will need to be filled out completely prior to flying into Quito, Ecuador.

Celebrity Flora® will sail with a vaccinated crew, and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated. Guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit www.healthyatsea.com. We’re sailing with fewer guests for more space – and more luxury with even more activities to avoid large gatherings in public spaces.

We apologize for any inconvenience. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at (888) 751-9303 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

- Sue from California

Calsnoozie, not to pat myself on the back, but from another thread, I was given the email for “Lisa”. I spent 45 minutes today, composing a very detailed email, citing the facts that I have proof of (email from my “vacation planner” telling me that Celebrity would take care of all required testing. Also, the email I received on Friday that Celebrity would change the antigen test to PCR test). I also mentioned that we don’t even know when the flight is leaving Quito in order to book our test for 72 hours prior. (Ecuador states 72 hours, not 3 calendar days). Within 2 hours, I had a call from Celebrity saying that they flagged us for a complimentary PCR test in Quito upon arrival. I did thank the for getting back to me. And that we did not know when our flight would be leaving Quito. She said she will be sure to let us know. So, I think this is why we received the latest update. Celebrity did come through in the end, but not before I was so stressed out and spent so much energy on this. Most people (including my husband) would have just let it go, but I know what they told me and that’s all I want. I still have my doubts and haven’t decided wether or not to cancel the tests that I booked in Miami.

On a positive note, all our clothes are ironed and ready for packing. I only need to pack up toiletries. Then we’ll be on our way. I’m sure our onboard experience will be awesome and wow, we’re going to the Galapagos! Hope you have a wonderful time!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sippican said:

So I reached out earlier today and left a message. The Galapagos Desk just returned my call. Although they are encouraging travelers to arrange their own PCR test within the 72 hour window if possible, they will administer them at the hotel the night of arrival if necessary.  Departure tests will also be available to those requiring a negative test for reentry to their country of origin. 

Sippican, finally some resolution. 😀

1 hour ago, kent4489 said:

Calsnoozie, not to pat myself on the back, but from another thread, I was given the email for “Lisa”. I spent 45 minutes today, composing a very detailed email, citing the facts that I have proof of (email from my “vacation planner” telling me that Celebrity would take care of all required testing. Also, the email I received on Friday that Celebrity would change the antigen test to PCR test). I also mentioned that we don’t even know when the flight is leaving Quito in order to book our test for 72 hours prior. (Ecuador states 72 hours, not 3 calendar days). Within 2 hours, I had a call from Celebrity saying that they flagged us for a complimentary PCR test in Quito upon arrival. I did thank the for getting back to me. And that we did not know when our flight would be leaving Quito. She said she will be sure to let us know. So, I think this is why we received the latest update. Celebrity did come through in the end, but not before I was so stressed out and spent so much energy on this. Most people (including my husband) would have just let it go, but I know what they told me and that’s all I want. I still have my doubts and haven’t decided wether or not to cancel the tests that I booked in Miami.

On a positive note, all our clothes are ironed and ready for packing. I only need to pack up toiletries. Then we’ll be on our way. I’m sure our onboard experience will be awesome and wow, we’re going to the Galapagos! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Kent4489 - thank you for sending the email to "Lisa", I saw the other post earlier today and saved the email address!  It clearly sounds like they  addressed the items  you mentioned in the email, Thank you!   Are you able to cancel your Miami test?

Enjoy Galapagos and please share your adventure with us when you can.

-Sue from California

1 minute ago, calsnoozie said:

Kent4489 - thank you for sending the email to "Lisa", I saw the other post earlier today and saved the email address!  It clearly sounds like they  addressed the items  you mentioned in the email, Thank you!   Are you able to cancel your Miami test?

Enjoy Galapagos and please share your adventure with us when you can.

-Sue from California

We can cancel our tests. Actually we decided to keep the Miami tests even after I got the phone call today. Just wasn’t feeling sure what would happen. But, after the email where they are now explaining things, makes me feel more comfortable that they will now have to follow through with their commitment.

Yes, I will keep you posted.

• Like 1

We just got tested two hours ago at Walgreens.  The big question, I suppose, is what do we do if, by the time we arrive in Quito, we haven't gotten our results yet?  Walgreens waffles on turnaround time and there is a lot of talk of slower result times due to the increase in testing because of the Delta variant and a slew of people trying to get to Canada.  So: Do we get an additional test after we arrive or just wait and hope the test we took today comes back before we board the plane to Baltra?  Or do a cost/benefit analysis? Not sure what Celebrity is proposing to charge for the test in Quito. Frustrating when things are out of our control.

5 hours ago, gitlaw said:

We just got tested two hours ago at Walgreens.  The big question, I suppose, is what do we do if, by the time we arrive in Quito, we haven't gotten our results yet?  Walgreens waffles on turnaround time and there is a lot of talk of slower result times due to the increase in testing because of the Delta variant and a slew of people trying to get to Canada.  So: Do we get an additional test after we arrive or just wait and hope the test we took today comes back before we board the plane to Baltra?  Or do a cost/benefit analysis? Not sure what Celebrity is proposing to charge for the test in Quito. Frustrating when things are out of our control.

Gitlaw, Celebrity is providing complimentary testing. With all the confusion this week, we decided to go ahead and have testing here before flying to Quito. We had our tests at 3:45 pm and at 4:15pm , we had our results. They printed them and also sent by email. We’re covered for our flight tomorrow morning. And for the Galapagos on Sunday.

• Like 1