Ashore when you please in Europe when vaccinated?

sealynx

About a week ago CruiseHive posted a news article about the new policies of MSC on vaccinations and insurance. This article also said the following: "A change to the cruises that have been operating in Europe is that vaccinated guests can go ashore when they please."

I have no idea how reliable this source is, but this would be fantastic news. However, I can't find the same information anywhere else. Has anyone heard about this as well?

https://www.cruisehive.com/msc-cruises-updates-protocols-with-pre-cruise-testing/54845

I doubt it will work as some countries have their ow strict restrictions even in regard of vaccinated tourists. I mean, in general, if you think about it - if you are vaccinated - it doesnt mean that you cant infect other people and carry the virus. Moreover, some vaccines are banned in Europe or not yet allowed.

1 hour ago, sealynx said:

"A change to the cruises that have been operating in Europe is that vaccinated guests can go ashore when they please."

I read this as applying to the US cruises, something like "differently to the cruises that have been operating in Europes, vaccinated guest on the US cruises can go ashore when they please." 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, elbarney said:

I read this as applying to the US cruises, something like "differently to the cruises that have been operating in Europes, vaccinated guest on the US cruises can go ashore when they please." 

Ahh, yes, that is also a way of reading it. You are probably right, thnx.