A quite late review of our August 21-28 Alaska cruise

CruiseMGM

5 hours ago, AryMay said:

Your photos are outstanding...thanks for taking the time to post them!!

I will have to keep the Ketchikan hike & bike tour in mind if we ever return to Alaska. Have always wanted to try an electric bike! When we did our kayak tour there, it was also at low tide. Amazing how many different sea creatures are exposed at low tide!!

Thank you so much, AryMay! Haven't figured out how to do the @-sign thing, sorry about that!

We ended up buying e-bikes a few years back, after the niece and nephew bought some and let us try them. Then my sister in law bought one and we had to fall in line. Love taking them camping and riding all over the campgrounds where we stay. My DB hasn't succumbed yet (LOL) and still rides a regular bike, but I think we're wearing him down. 

Low tide was really fascinating. We saw so many starfish on the beach, and our guide demonstrated something about them that we didn't know, they have little feeders/suckers on the tops of them. She brushed her hair over the TOP of a starfish and her hair was grabbed! Nothing she couldn't pull away from, but just very interesting to us! 

I'll post just a few more pics here, one of the starfish and some of the beautiful greenery on the hike, including a mushroom that looks like a McDonald's hamburger bun, LOL! Our guide said it was mushroom season, but I'm not touching 'em. Love mushrooms, but don't know my way around them AT ALL and stay away from the wild ones! Also one shot of a beautiful moonrise as we were sailing away from Juneau.

Best wishes!

Alaska -Ketchikan greenery during hike August 2021.jpg

Alaska -Ketchikan mushroom August 2021.jpg

Alaska -Ketchikan starfish on beach hike August 2021.jpg

Alaska -moonrise after Juneau August 2021.jpg

• Like 4