Quarantine requirement for Amsterdam

Rrehfe4969@aol.com

2 hours ago, courtside said:

No idea. We have not heard a word from Oceania or our TA. A TA on another site said he is canceling his clients flights into Sweden.

On one thread, maybe the Marina August 29 roll call,  someone said that they’ve just been told that instead of leaving from Stockholm on Sept 8 it’s leaving from Copenhagen on Sept 9. 

What can Oceania do according to our cruise contract?  I have read mine and found these statements that control what is happening.

From section 3.  " We acknowledge receipt of payment by You of the total Cruise Fare or CruiseTour Fare and We agree to transport You from the scheduled port of embarkation to the scheduled port of final destination according to all of the terms, conditions, limitations and exceptions contained in this Ticket Contract. ...."

The contract says we must start in Amsterdam and end in Lisbon. 

However there are exceptions.  In section 4 it says "...change the port of embarkation or final destination..."  So they are allowed to make changes.

If they make these changes to embarkation port  then section 4C takes over.  It says "If the scheduled port of embarkation or final destination is changed, We will arrange transportation to the new port from the originally scheduled port."

So it seems Oceania could arrange flights or a charter from AMS to the new port (Copenhagen or London? )at their expense.  The 12 hour AMS transit rule would come into effect.  If your flight into AMS gets there before around 10:30 the transfer should be possible.  One catch would be where your luggage is checked to.  Your ticket may not allow the transfer through AMS.  You may need to reclaim and recheck your bags in AMS.  

I suggest everyone read their contracts before they accept any offers or changes to their cruise.

I hope to meet and greet everyone on board or at a good bar in Amsterdam.

Good luck!

Mike

I am sure all cruise lines currently sailing in this ever changing World of covid  restrictions  are doing the best they can under short notice  from some Countries now changing the rules

They are protecting their own & who can blame them

Some Countries  relaxed the rules  if they had any at all  & now  the new variant is spreading like wildfire

Our numbers here are rising daily  mostly from the unvaccinated  but some people that are fully vaccinated  are also getting sick

I wish everyone that is booked in the near future  happy & safe travels

I am one that  will be a chicken & hunker down a bit longer

Stay safe

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TFree said:

I am not sure if I am missing something.  I clicked on "Find out more here" and got to the pdf.  The pdf says this about people coming from the USA:

Canada, Japan and the United States: persons travelling to Italy after having transited through or stayed in these Countries in the prior 14 days shall be required to compile the digital passenger locator form (PLF), present a negative (molecular or antigen) swab test result taken within the last 72 hours before entering Italy and present a green Covid-19 pass issued by the respective local health authorities and considered equivalent (vaccination with an EMA-approved vaccine; recovery from Covid-19 and completion of the isolation period). Travellers without a green pass shall be subject to the same general restrictions provided in list D.

So as far as I can tell, it is still 72 hours for a swab test for passengers coming from the USA.  It also mentions, at the top, that a CDC card is considered equivalent to a "green pass."

Tom & Judy

Yup, when I look at it now it says 48 hrs for UK, 72 hrs for Canada/US/Japan - I must have read too fast, sorry about that! Of course it can always change...

• Like 1

The Sept. 8, 2021 Marina cruise that was supposed to start in Stockholm and end in Amsterdam on Sept. 20, 2021 has now become a Sept. 9 - 20 cruise round trip from Copenhagen.  So, it appears that flying to Amsterdam for the Marina cruise is not required as the ship will not be there.  There are many more details on the roll calls for the Sept. 8 and Sept. 20 Marina cruises.