Need input on hotels in Rotterdam

boop29

I'm waiting for my new cabin assignment from HAL before I decide whether to stay and go on the '23 WC or cash out.

In the mean time I have booked Holland America 150th Anniversary Cruise, October 15th - 30th, Rotterdam to Ft Lauderdale.  It will be my first time to depart from Rotterdam & I plan on flying in at least 2 days early and pick up a tour etc/.  Any suggestions for single accommodations?  So far those that I've checked are booked.  Appreciate any suggestions.

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 8:23 PM, boop29 said:

I'm waiting for my new cabin assignment from HAL before I decide whether to stay and go on the '23 WC or cash out.

In the mean time I have booked Holland America 150th Anniversary Cruise, October 15th - 30th, Rotterdam to Ft Lauderdale.  It will be my first time to depart from Rotterdam & I plan on flying in at least 2 days early and pick up a tour etc/.  Any suggestions for single accommodations?  So far those that I've checked are booked.  Appreciate any suggestions.

I've stayed solo at the Hilton Rotterdam.  Very nice and you can grab a tour bus just outside the hotel across the parking lot.  Wonderful breakfast is included.  Ask for a room over looking the Hofplein fountain and roundabout - get watching at night.

• 2 weeks later...

When I took a cruise to Norway with some friends in June of 2018 out of Rotterdam, (on the 6th generation of the ship to bear that name, from 1997, which has since been retired from the fleet) I made a point of staying aboard the permanently moored 5th generation Rotterdam, which now functions as a hotel and convention venue.  It's a wonderfully preserved late-1950's time capsule.

You may wish to give it a try if you have any interest in HAL's history, or maritime history in general.