From Duo to Solo after Cabin-mate Tests Positive?

3dogmom

I'm cruising with my niece who will be flying in the day before we cruise (not staying with me pre-cruise.) If she tests positive after taking the COVID test, am I now a solo cruiser? Has anyone had this experience? Thanks for sharing your experiences!

According to Celebrity website under  FAQ's:

Guests who book a Celebrity Cruise with a sail date on or before October 31, 2021, will have the following reassurances included at no extra charge. 

• 100% refund of your cruise fare, and your Traveling Party’s fares, if any of you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal. 

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.  

• If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party.   

*Last modified April 30, 2021. Subject to change. “Traveling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise. Conditioned upon guest compliance with the RCG COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in effect at the time of the cruise. Additional terms and conditions apply. See our COVID-19 Refund and Cancellations Policy and your Cruise Ticket Contract for details. 

2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

I read this as if your traveling companion tests positive you cant go.  Doesn't matter if they live with you. You travel with them and get tested in the port city and you are screwed 

I'm not traveling to the ship with them. If they test positive 2 days before, they won't come at all.

15 hours ago, 3dogmom said:

I'm not traveling to the ship with them. If they test positive 2 days before, they won't come at all.

In that case, you will be allowed to board the ship and travel.  The cruise line cannot hold your niece's "no-show" action against you.  Such things have happened long before there was any such thing as CoViD-19. 

It is particularly significant that your niece "will not be staying with [you] pre-cruise."  The cruise line therefore cannot be concerned that you could have caught the disease from her.

It is likely -- maybe even a sure thing -- however, that she will receive no refund of her cruise fare, since you will be occupying the stateroom.

Advice:  Eat her food, as well as  your own! 

Sorry, that was crass.  Instead, we should be pitying your niece for becoming ill and losing her money -- and we should be pitying you for losing your traveling companion.  We hope that your trip will not be a bad experience for you.

4 hours ago, jg51 said:

In that case, you will be allowed to board the ship and travel.  The cruise line cannot hold your niece's "no-show" action against you.  Such things have happened long before there was any such thing as CoViD-19. 

It is particularly significant that your niece "will not be staying with [you] pre-cruise."  The cruise line therefore cannot be concerned that you could have caught the disease from her.

It is likely -- maybe even a sure thing -- however, that she will receive no refund of her cruise fare, since you will be occupying the stateroom.

Advice:  Eat her food, as well as  your own! 

Sorry, that was crass.  Instead, we should be pitying your niece for becoming ill and losing her money -- and we should be pitying you for losing your traveling companion.  We hope that your trip will not be a bad experience for you.

Thank you! I'm hoping all this nervousness is for nothing.