Harmony of the Seas 5 / 12 September - Test Results sent to Passengers who haven't had tests

Bfsroyal

I have hit a snag in my pre-cruise preparations for our sailing on Harmony from Barcelona on 12th September. Last week on receiving the email I registered for my complimentary pre-boarding antigen test to take place at the terminal prior to boarding in Barcelona.

On Monday 30th August, I received a test results and a certificate for the negative result in my name and details from RC partner Eurofins - of course as I am not boarding til 12th September - I have not taken any test or been anywhere near Barcelona. On calling Eurofins, they confirmed several guests from the 5th and 12th September sailings had been inquiring about the erroneous results that they have been emailed.

I was informed by Eurofins that I needed to contact RC to get a new reference id issued. This was supported by the first RC agent I spoke to and another agent also confirmed they could see that I had not yet registered when, of course I previously had. The checklist on RC states that you "must" register. After multiple promises from agents that a new reference ID would be sent or processed after varying time scales - this hasn't happened yet. They are able to send the original one which of course has been registered to me. Both RC agents and Eurofin seem to agree that a new reference id should be generated. 

One agent also stated on Wednesday that RC were aware some passengers due to sail on Harmony had received erroneous test results and they were compiling a list of those affected and said there would be an email to affected passengers on Wednesday evening or Thursday. Both have come and gone with no email. So I left it until today Saturday to call again, with the same promise of new reference id - only for it not to be issued.

So posting in the hope if anyone else has received erroneous results and they have confirmed advice from RC.

I should point out this appears to be a Eurofins issue rather than a Royal Caribbean. As it's very specific and unique, Royal Caribbean agents don't really seem to know what to do or be able to do anything and unfortunately keep providing the same resolution with time scales that then pass.

Whilst I presume I can just appear at the terminal and get tested unregistered - the use of "must" in the checklist and the agents not knowing if this is ok or not - doesn't make me want to risk showing up without registering.

We had similar problems for same cruise.

Mine OK to a point,got QR code tried to log in would not accept password 

Recovered and reset with same details. Then signed in to tell me to schedule a test at Raffles centre Singapore .  

Then tried to register wife's accepted her email address OK, got QR code 

Then went to sign in would not accept password   Password reset again got new link to reset it Did not work again tried about another 10 times no success

Phoned Eurofins helpline ,operator informed only help was for Celebrity and RCs from Southampton not from Barcelona

Phoned my travel agent Barrhead travel again no use try RC

Done that RC said correct they would pay for P C R test in Singapore

Explained I was in Scotland had get to Singapore Then sail from Barcelona.

Said a email of new policy was meant arrive .I said did not get any email.

He will send it at that minute,to my wife's email address.

I said it should have been sent to my address as I am the  main passenger on booking.

Then said he did not have a email address for me.

Whole booking in my name and email address

Lost confidence totally so cancelled , did know if we would get on ship ,took future cruise credit

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mabiebear said:

We had similar problems for same cruise.

Mine OK to a point,got QR code tried to log in would not accept password 

Recovered and reset with same details. Then signed in to tell me to schedule a test at Raffles centre Singapore .  

Then tried to register wife's accepted her email address OK, got QR code 

Then went to sign in would not accept password   Password reset again got new link to reset it Did not work again tried about another 10 times no success

Phoned Eurofins helpline ,operator informed only help was for Celebrity and RCs from Southampton not from Barcelona

Phoned my travel agent Barrhead travel again no use try RC

Done that RC said correct they would pay for P C R test in Singapore

Explained I was in Scotland had get to Singapore Then sail from Barcelona.

Said a email of new policy was meant arrive .I said did not get any email.

He will send it at that minute,to my wife's email address.

I said it should have been sent to my address as I am the  main passenger on booking.

Then said he did not have a email address for me.

Whole booking in my name and email address

Lost confidence totally so cancelled , did know if we would get on ship ,took future cruise credit

That's a shame you missed  your cruise because that you didn't  jump through enough hoops for them... How stressful for you.

Thanks for giving your experience. It’s a shame that you had to cancel the cruise - but I can understand why. Any issue could potentially prevent you reaching the terminal and being denied boarding.

I have now had to make multiple calls and be on hold for almost 1-2hrs for each to try to resolve the issue. Two calls  dropped out by agents during the call going to the survey. One took so long my provider disconnected the call at two hours.

I understand they are very busy - especially with the ever changing regulations globally providing additional workload of service calls. But there is no offer of a callback to prevent people waiting.

As you experienced the number RC provide for Eurofins on the website does not seem to actually provide service for Barcelona departures but is the only one communicated on the website and phones.

The UK number to speak to the actual UK office which is given out by RC on their website and by social media simply has an automated message saying “All lines are busy. Please call again later” no matter when you call.

Generally all previous RC customer service interactions have been excellent - but the pre-cruise has somewhat been tainted by these issues and time waster chasing this.