Beach House Shambles on IONA

kevboy

We have just returned from Iona G129. This was a special Anniversary for us and we looked so much forward to the sizzling steaks on Lava plates on our special day. The Beach house has always been our favourite place to eat and is still listed as a speciality restaurant and so we booked it as soon as we got on board. It is still listed as a speciality restaurant in the Horizon every day. What a disaster!!!!   It is not a speciality restaurantat all but just a normal part of the horizon buffet albeit with a written menu and waiter service. The menu is pathetic.There is no longer an additional charge to dine here and apart from my party of 6 only a few others were in there. When I expressed my disappointment to the hotel manager he said it was no longer a speciality restaurant but a somewhere in between!  and if I wanted a steak there is a good one to be had in the KEEL and COW at a good price of £13. I am sure many of you have enjoyed dining in The Beach House on other ships so please be aware.  When I asked an officer for an explaination he shrugged and said Covid protocol.

We have just returned from Iona G129. This was a special Anniversary for us and we looked so much forward to the sizzling steaks on Lava plates on our special day. The Beach house has always been our favourite place to eat and is still listed as a speciality restaurant and so we booked it as soon as we got on board. It is still listed as a speciality restaurant in the Horizon every day. What a disaster!!!!   It is not a speciality restaurantat all but just a normal part of the horizon buffet albeit with a written menu and waiter service. The menu is pathetic.There is no longer an additional charge to dine here and apart from my party of 6 only a few others were in there. When I expressed my disappointment to the hotel manager he said it was no longer a speciality restaurant but a somewhere in between!  and if I wanted a steak there is a good one to be had in the KEEL and COW at a good price of £13. I am sure many of you have enjoyed dining in The Beach House on other ships so please be aware.  When I asked an officer for an explaination he shrugged and said Covid protocol.

Edited by kevboy
duplication

We were on G128 and used The Beach House twice. The choice was good and the quality of food and service was excellent. We haven't used it on previous cruises as the old menu never gas kerb appeal for us. We will have to wait and see what post Civic does to all menus on board.