NCL Gem and Carrying Luggage Onboard and parking

detwings

We are departing on NCL Gem next weekend.  We have always carried our luggage on board and thru security check in/belt.  Has anyone seen people or carred their own luggage on board vs giving it to curbside check in. 

How was the parking situation at NCL's new terminal?  The whole structure looks beautiful and anxious to finally cruise.  Thanks.

Have not seen folks with steamer trunks boarding that way -

But - for those with luggage that is fits through the security screening devices should

be no problem i.e. back packs duffles small medium suitcases (NO Footlockers) -

May pose a problem on some narrow gangways and in some cases of early boarding and

having to keep you luggage with you until your stateroom is being cleaned and available

Advantage of knowing where your luggage is and being available for a change of clothes

immediately on boarding.

NCL and some port facilities may not be so forgiving in your doing it this way -

But if you are able to muster (all) your luggage onboard - all the power to you !

As for parking snicker snicker - you won't be able to park next to the gangway -

Don't have an answer for that 

6 hours ago, detwings said:

We are departing on NCL Gem next weekend.  We have always carried our luggage on board and thru security check in/belt.  Has anyone seen people or carred their own luggage on board vs giving it to curbside check in. 

How was the parking situation at NCL's new terminal?  The whole structure looks beautiful and anxious to finally cruise.  Thanks.

The issue is you have to clear security (just like when you're going through the airport.)  Personally, I curb check my large "main" bag and carry on a good sized gym bag for the assorted things I want with me.  Maybe swim trunks, prescription drugs, etc.  

I suppose you COULD bring a fairly large bag through security but if you're boarding early, before cabins are ready, you're going to be lugging it around which is a hassle.

it can be done, but why go thru the hassle?  give your larger pieces to the porter with maybe a $10 tip.

depending on the time you actually pass thru security and check into get y our room card, chances are your cabin wont be available until around 2:00. most people head directly to  the buffet or the pool area. why would you want to drag your suitcases with you. 

ive been on 18 ncl cruises since 2010, and unless there is something suspicious looking in the suitcase, all my luggage has arrived in a  reasonable amount of time, so save your self the schlep!

Just stepped off yesterday and I'd highly suggest checking with porter. Embarkation is a breeze and luggage delivery was quick! We checked it with the porter at 9:25 & had luggage by 1:00. We were on board before 11. We did have a small carryon + Enjoy the cruise.