Was a suite on Britannia worth it? It certainly was!!!

welshy74

Just off Britannia and this was a first for us.. first time on Britannia and first time paying the extra for a suite on any cruise.  
Prior to boarding we were somewhat nervous having a butler.  Would it be awkward? What do we use them for? Do we tip?  
so here is my brief review - 

we were in suite B528 mid aft which is a B2 category.  Priority embarkation got us onboard by 1315 and straight to the Peninsula welcome lunch which was a bit of an anticlimax as the food was a bit basic, however the free drink flowed.  Onto the cabin and our first introduction to our fantastic butler, Simon.  I was fearing a stuffy old England type like you imagine a butler being but he was very friendly, welcoming and personable.  
The suite was lovely; relaxing lounge area, lovely big bed and huge bathroom with jacuzzi bath and large walk in shower.  It was the bathroom that made the biggest difference as it was so far away from the tiny bathrooms I’m so used to on ships.  
We used Simon more than we thought having most lunches in the room as well as a lovely in room dinner whilst leaving Liverpool as you can order from the MDR menu.  Breakfast was taken at Epicurean which was a lovely, and very relaxing, way to start the day.  
Having the suite made this cruise for us, it lived up to our expectation and was well worth the extra money.  However this was a unusual itinerary in unusual times and the price reflected it but  I doubt we could afford the extra for a suite on a 14 night Caribbean cruise. 

having the Butler was a great cruise experience and he was absolutely fantastic.  We tipped him well at the of the week and thought it was very well deserved. 

my only gripe is I think access to The Retreat should be given to suite guests free of charge, especially when the price difference is so big compared to the deluxe balcony price. 

8007305D-6E88-4EBD-9423-6354D65A7C29.jpeg

2A2233AF-F3E6-42F7-B2FA-7ABA24E3538F.jpeg

371B75D8-796A-49CC-84B2-3E00150A7368.jpeg

642436E8-5682-4E7C-BB70-0CB5DAFD0641.jpeg

8901A0C0-7FB2-4FA4-9AD8-6D51D97D9232.jpeg

1EA23F09-64B8-4093-83F2-8F24C956D26C.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks - nice review.  

There's only one drawback to a suite.  Just as there was only one drawback to buying a colour TV in the 70s.

You can't go back!  😉

But it's worth it,  the chancellor will only get it otherwise 

• Like 1