Disappointments, Disappointments

dmk

"All you can eat sushi"

Curious, how would you compare the freshness/quality/variet of X's sushi, vs your local sushi restaurant? Is it all rolls, or are individual pieces of salmon, octopus, etc available? Thanks

Quite truthfully, it doesn't compare to our local sushi restaurants. Living near San Francisco, we have some pretty, terrific sushi places. But the ship's sushi bar, isn't bad at all. It doesn't have a wide range of selections...but it's nice for a before dinner snack.

I thought the food on Century was very, very good back in April.

I especially loved the breadsticks and the pizza. I'd like to think that I'm an "expert" on pizza as I've more than had my share of "taste testings" and I thought the pizza was outstanding....a combination of the light, chewy crust and the tangy sauce.

We've only been fortunate enough to have gone on two X cruises, so far, with another one booked for April 2010. We honestly can say that we loved everything about both of our cruises. The always smiling attendants, waiters, bartenders and crew. The little touches that the other lines don't take the time for, the chilled towels and ice water after a warm excursion, the hot chocolate after a cool excursion, the Thalassotherapy Pool, no announcements in your room, the aft CC cabins on M-class, the Specialty Restaurants, the food (all of it!), the glass elevators, the wonderful little niches throughout the ship to just sit and read and watch the ocean go by, midnight bites, the aft dining deck, the windows in the buffet dining floor and I could go on and on, but..........:p

I know the waffles get top billing breakfast wise but do not overlook those incredible pancakes! Those were the best I have ever had...such a delicious flavor! I tried them on our last cruise when my DH was once again loading up on waffles.. lol

I love knowing that there's nothing I HAVE to do, many things I want to do and, best of all, I am guilt free to just sit on the balcony and drift.... pure bliss:D

Floating in the T pool after dinner watching snow covered mountains go past is one of my favorite memories. Our best was waking in the middle of the night and going up to deck 11 and feeling like we were the only passengers on that beautiful ship while she sailed underneath a full moon. That was magical.

The service is always spectacular :) :) It's why we keep coming back.

Being alone with my husband without interruptions and we can enjoy our time together.

The Suishi Bar as a "snack" after a long day of excursions and possibly missed lunch.

Breakfast on the verandah as we are going through the locks of the Panama Canal.

How so many of the staff know your name within 24 hours of boarding the ship.

The friendliness of the staff.

How the waiters learn your likes and dislikes so quickly so that all of your meals are excellent

The Escargot!!! The Breadsticks!!! The Specialty Restaurants!!!

The Thalossotherapy Pool! Missed it on the Century last year -- can't wait until the Millie!

The music after dinner to dance to.

Our first cruise on Celebrity taught us it was time for "us" and what we have been missing not vacationing every year! Now we are addicted!

An excellent thread!

Our first X cruise is coming up Feb/09 on the Constellation

Things that we look forward to:

+ Sitting on our Balcony - sipping wine and watching the flying fish.

+The Aqua Spa Cafe

+Martini Bar

+Room Service Breakfast

+Escargot

+The Breadsticks everone seems to talk about on the forums

+Lobster, Prime Rib and just about everything else on the menu.

+The ambience of the ship(as described by folks on this forum)

+Cova Cafe - coffee & desserts

plus many other things I can't remember at this point -

Thanks to the posters on this forum - you have really made us excited and truly look forward to our Constellation cruise.

I agree with everything above. We will be sailing in the Mediterranean on the Summit on Sept. 8 and cannot wait.

Thanks so much for this thread. I had read so many negatives and this is just so refreshing and exciting. We have sailed four times on RCL and loved it. This is our first on Celebrity, and I must say after reading all this...well, I just can't wait. The thing I think I love most about cruising is the electricity you feel as soon as you board. Can't wait to go to the Martini Bar and also try those waffles and chocolate croissants. I think cruising on any ship is whatever YOU make it to be. JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!

Janice

What waffles? :rolleyes:

Perhaps the original poster was referring to Waffle Martinis? :D

Seriously, I appreciate the way that everytime I sail on Mercury the regular staff recognizes me by name, and the bar servers remember my drink preferences, if even a year had passed since my last cruise on that ship. That made Mercury my home-away-from home.

Donald.

I agree with everything above. We will be sailing in the Mediterranean on the Summit on Sept. 8 and cannot wait.

Thanks so much for this thread. I had read so many negatives and this is just so refreshing and exciting. We have sailed four times on RCL and loved it. This is our first on Celebrity, and I must say after reading all this...well, I just can't wait. The thing I think I love most about cruising is the electricity you feel as soon as you board. Can't wait to go to the Martini Bar and also try those waffles and chocolate croissants. I think cruising on any ship is whatever YOU make it to be. JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!

Janice

Janice,

I am so pleased that this thread is making you look forward to your upcoming cruise even more. I started this thread so peolple can do just that, as well as look back at all the good times that were had.

Negativity gets so boring. We all want to have good thoughts1 Have a great cruise:)

Waffle martini! Oh such a wonderful vision!! I'm so excited about our upcoming cruise in November/December . I broke my leg and had to have a cage with 16 pins sticking through my leg for 9 months and my sweet hubby signed up for the cruises to give me a huge incentive to get through that ordeal! It worked, and boy am I excited! Nancie:cool:

Janice,

I am so pleased that this thread is making you look forward to your upcoming cruise even more. I started this thread so peolple can do just that, as well as look back at all the good times that were had.

Negativity gets so boring. We all want to have good thoughts1 Have a great cruise:)

This thread is so delightful! Whenever I get online, I check it first, as I bask in the glow of others' joy and my own excited anticipation while I await my first Celebrity cruise on Mercury in under two months! I hope that adding this post will keep the thread alive. Thanks to all of you for posting your pleasures:)

What a wonerful thread! Reading this has brought back wonderful memories of the Millennium.

Xavier, the greatest butler who does not know the word "no"

Maria, just the sweetest cabin steward

renewing our vows in Michael's club

being gently rocked to sleep each night

room service breakfast on the veranda

getting dressed up for wonderful dinners each night

I forgot about the waffles! I don't even eat waffles but after so many sang their praises, I had to try one -- OMG was it good.

This is my kind of post! The best roasted tomato soup.

A goat cheese and potato gratin.

Our butler George!

Tea time - why don't we have tea time every day??

Escargot to dream about while being gently rocked in a SO comfy bed that someone else made up and then turned down with a little chocolate on your pillow ...

Being as completely relaxed as it is humanly possible for a type AAA person to be ... priceless.

Archived