Thoughts re UDP and Coco Cay Beach Club

I have followed a couple of threads regarding whether these items are “worth it”.  Here’s my take.  We have a pretty good deal on our Harmony booking for January.  We always book inside cabins (this is a separate discussion for those that say they would never book less than a GS, etc.).

This will be our first cruise in two years.  We didn’t cruise as much as many on these boards, but averaged 2-3 cruises a year, and we’re really missing it.

We have booked both the UDP and CC Beach Club for this trip.  We haven’t cruised for a while, and we feel like we want to treat ourselves.  We’ve had the UDP on one other cruise and really enjoyed it. 

We may not leave the ship except for Coco Cay because we’ve visited the other port stops before and due to COVID, aren’t sure what port stops will be like.  We’ll see how we feel about the Beach Club – we may never do it again – but feel like it’s worth trying once.

Long winded Friday evening musings...

For us personally on our recent Freedom 3 night we opted to do both the UDP and a CBC Cabana. CBC I think was absolutely worth it, even if just for the food alone. I think when things get back to normal and Coco Cay becomes more crowded it will be even more worth while, but it was still great.

UDP I go back and forth on if it was worth it. We did enjoy the specialty restaurants, but we also have no problems at all with the MDR, so I don't really feel like we would have missed out on anything had we not gotten it. I think the best use was actually for snacks/lunch at Johnny Rockets and Playmakers. There isn't a wide variety of free late night/mid-afternoon snacks and it was nice being able to grab something from Playmakers

We are doing the Mariner next weekend and booked both the UDP and the Beach Club.  We have done both before on a three night cruise and loved it.  We enjoy the specialty restaurants and are not that fond of the MDR food anymore.  We will likely use Playmakers for a late afternoon snack after the beach club.  I say go for it!