What happens at the port if the Medallion app doesn’t work,

welshfamily

Hi All,

First time Princess Cruiser.

Cruise in 40 days.

spend the whole weekend trying to get info into the app. Tried reading and searching posts for help but there are so  many and may have missed answer.
Absolute nightmare !

We were able to choose a arrival time of 11.45 -12.15 pm, agree with the two contracts and scan our passports.
However  nothing else.

now 508 gateway error message.

Has anyone tried to board in Southampton with an app not working? By this I mean by using paperwork. What do you show the testers to prove you have a booking.?

We have booked two penthouse suites and obviously will have to wait until COVID results received  however once we are in the terminal are there various lines ( read about colours ) and will there be assistance. When we have been from Southampton before the port staff have facilitated check in not onboard crew. 

By the way We have iPhone 11 and 8 with the latest IOS update and are reasonable good with IT. Never struggled with an app before.

Hi welshfamily, I was on the 3 night Regal Princess cruise August 14th & booked last minute via princess agent on the phone & getting the booking details via email, and had no problems with embarkation despite having no smartphone & did not use the medallion app. Printed luggage labels via the princess site and was advised to bring a copy of the cruise contract. When I got to the cruise terminal at Southampton was shown where to drop off cases and then pointed to the large marquee doing the lateral covid test. I had a paper copy of proof of my NHS vaccinations and carried my travel insurance details with me.Then back to the terminal have photo taken & show passport details....all in all everything went smoothly and the staff were very helpful. I was given a medallion to use before I went onboard as that opens your stateroom doors.