Outdoor Dining

Nap3025

We are booked on the October 10th sailing. Firstly I was disappointed to hear from a representative on the phone that covid tests will not be done at the port before embarkation as was being done in  Europe. I don’t know why. We have not dined inside a restaurant since covid started and wondered what the outdoor dining options are. We have no problem collecting our food inside and taking it outside ….much like we can at the ocean view cafe on celebrity cruises.

The Galley (food court) has a decent outdoor seating area up on Deck 15.

So does the pizza place on Deck 7.

And the Dock House, also on Deck 7, has a lovely outdoor area at the back of the ship and a nice menu of mezze and grilled skewers.

The main dinner venues (The Wake, Extra Virgin, Pink Agave, Razzle Dazzle, Test Kitchen) are all indoors though.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nap3025 said:

We are booked on the October 10th sailing. Firstly I was disappointed to hear from a representative on the phone that covid tests will not be done at the port before embarkation as was being done in  Europe. I don’t know why. We have not dined inside a restaurant since covid started and wondered what the outdoor dining options are. We have no problem collecting our food inside and taking it outside ….much like we can at the ocean view cafe on celebrity cruises.

Wait ... what? No testing at the port? The app has consistently said testing at the port. 

5 hours ago, sarakenny said:

Wait ... what? No testing at the port? The app has consistently said testing at the port. 

Wow. There has to be testing. I wonder if they are going to make everyone bring a current test?  Perhaps someone that has patience(i don't) they can find out from VV.. I will hit up my travel agent to also see what they can find out... And. Things change constantly, so whatever is happening now, could change next month.

Edited by garymfreedman

5 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

Wow. There has to be testing. I wonder if they are going to make everyone bring a current test?  Perhaps someone that has patience(i don't) they can find out from VV.. I will hit up my travel agent to also see what they can find out... And. Things change constantly, so whatever is happening now, could change next month.

I talked to someone at VV after this  - they said they are working out details and will have an announcement soon. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the responses.  I was told that we would  probably just need to take

vaccination card and a negative test result.  I’ve lived in south Florida for 29 years (from London) and I had a feeling actual testing at the port might prove difficult to set up in Miami… lack of space … time to organize etc. and said so when I spoke to a representative a month or so ago.  Testing at the port is extremely important to me so I will be very disappointed if that doesn’t happen.  The lady I spoke to was not confident.  Hence my first post re outdoor dining.  We would of course prefer to dine inside  in style in  a “proper” restaurant but can accept this will just be a different type of cruise experience.   It’s a month away so who knows? Numbers may come own,

boosters/third shots available to all?  

Please keep us posted if you hear anything positive!  Thank you again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nap3025 said:

Thank you for the responses.  I was told that we would  probably just need to take

vaccination card and a negative test result.  I’ve lived in south Florida for 29 years (from London) and I had a feeling actual testing at the port might prove difficult to set up in Miami… lack of space … time to organize etc. and said so when I spoke to a representative a month or so ago.  Testing at the port is extremely important to me so I will be very disappointed if that doesn’t happen.  The lady I spoke to was not confident.  Hence my first post re outdoor dining.  We would of course prefer to dine inside  in style in  a “proper” restaurant but can accept this will just be a different type of cruise experience.   It’s a month away so who knows? Numbers may come own,

boosters/third shots available to all?  

Please keep us posted if you hear anything positive!  Thank you again.

I'm flying into Miami 3 days before the cruise and won't have a car - I'm hoping I don't need to find a pharmacy for a test. Fingers crossed.

I spoke to someone at Virgin Voyages today, and they said that they still haven't figured out the testing situation, or if it will even be required. Then again, I don't think most of the customer service reps even know what they're talking about.

45 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I spoke to someone at Virgin Voyages today, and they said that they still haven't figured out the testing situation, or if it will even be required. Then again, I don't think most of the customer service reps even know what they're talking about.

I think it has more to do with the CDC guidelines - there's no knowing what, if anything, will change between now and then. 

2 hours ago, Delasolbaltimore said:

I was on the TA call this week and they said there would be pre boarding CoVID testing in Miami.

As there should be. Tip: If you are flying in, get a test before you fly out-A friend got tested before she flew out for a cruise the following day, and tested positive. That sucked-But at least she did not get to the port to find out she was positive. She was sick for three weeks....