Just disembarked NCL Epic Sunday

Krydstosser

11 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

And in the EPIC specific letter emailed to me a few days ago, which quotes Europe specifically as well, it says "Guests will be required to wear masks outdoors when social distancing is not possible."

Having said that, the original poster on this thread seemed to suggest it was mandated outdoors.  That would seem absolutely crazy.

Strongly suggest people print this off (dated 9th September) and have to hand if any enthusiastic NCL personnel tell you to wear a mask while in a corner enjoying the breeze!

Norwegian Epic Embarkation Information.pdf 92.67 kB · 1 download

In dismay, you could walk around for a full day on the Epic with no mask and no staff would approach you! The staff are frightened to upset anyone, it’s pathetic, they have been out of work for 14 months and unfortunately if no one puts some discipline in place they will be back there?

Just now, Trimone said:

In dismay, you could walk around for a full day on the Epic with no mask and no staff would approach you! The staff are frightened to upset anyone, it’s pathetic, they have been out of work for 14 months and unfortunately if no one puts some discipline in place they will be back there?

Well there is a balance.  You appear to have experienced blatant ignoring of masks indoor rules, wheras others appear to be experiencing forced mask outdoors.  Were these different cruises? 🙂

21 hours ago, JezzaC said:

There aren't any common rules related to masks in European Union. Each country has their own rules. NCL website states following:

"On Europe sailings only, local government regulations requires all guests to wear masks onboard whilst indoors except for when actively eating or drinking or when in their stateroom. Guests will be required to wear masks outdoors when social distancing is not possible." 

Based on that masks aren't needed outdoors with social distancing.

I stand corrected.  Apparently I did not dig deep enough of NCL website.  **On Europe sailings only, currently local government regulations requires all guests to wear masks onboard.  

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 5:05 PM, Lisa353 said:

Thank you for the great review.  We don't go on our cruise until 10th October so it is nice to hear from people who have been on it so far.  I'm happy to know that most people are following the rules of wearing masks.  I'm from Scotland and we are still having to wear masks when you go inside anywhere.  Were they strict with the type of masks you can wear?

No most people have the blue paper masks but some women had masks in colors as their dresses so no problem there. We got two masks from NCL in the cabin, we use them. We had to "air" them because they smelled very chemical. Next day they was good enough. Good quality. 

Edited by Krydstosser
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 4:05 PM, Lisa353 said:

Thank you for the great review.  We don't go on our cruise until 10th October so it is nice to hear from people who have been on it so far.  I'm happy to know that most people are following the rules of wearing masks.  I'm from Scotland and we are still having to wear masks when you go inside anywhere.  Were they strict with the type of masks you can wear?

See you on the 10th! 

South of the border here and most people have stopped wearing masks completely - I meanwhile am going OTT to keep myself safe in the run up to the cruise!

2 hours ago, alysonofagun said:

See you on the 10th! 

South of the border here and most people have stopped wearing masks completely - I meanwhile am going OTT to keep myself safe in the run up to the cruise!

Are you leaving from Barcelona on the 10th as well then?

I'm the same.  I am limiting where I go to reduce my risk of catching it before the cruise.  It does help that we do still have to wear masks up here.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:47 PM, Trimone said:

Epic last week, the same group of idiots got drunk every evening and during the day were overly masked…. I won’t tell you what state they were from?

I can tell you that there was some Italians that behaved very foolish regarding to Covid.... this is an international thing... 😄 

Edited by Krydstosser

On 9/13/2021 at 8:09 AM, Krydstosser said:

I am danish so do not mind my spelling 😄 

Best regards from Krydstosser

(Means Cruise maniac in danish) 😄 

Not to worry.  Your English is way better than my Danish. 😀  Thanks for the report.  We've cruised on Epic a couple of times and our next cruise will be on her.  Incidentally, we love your hometown. We've had some great times in København. 🍻

On 9/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, Krydstosser said:

The Guest behaved very responsible, of cause their was some who didn't wear them it was very few, but it was not a problem. I didn't saw any enforcement of it but with a few exceptions almost all wear mask when they should. 

One time in Maltings bar some was acted stupid but all in all very safe cruise in my eyes! 

I boarded in Rome on the 8th and agree for most of this. However, I noticed that few people were following the four to an elevator rule. More than once, I had people get on anyway. Even had people question me about why I said that only four were allowed, only to point to the signs all around and on the elevators. I do give NCL credit though that after returning from excursions, they had an employee at the elevator bank only allowing four people on at a time.

On 9/13/2021 at 12:43 PM, Trimone said:

I disagree with you on this. I saw numerous occasions of employees making people wear their masks if they did not have it on.

Also, just as an observation, it appeared that when people did not follow the COVID rules on the ship and/or excursions, they were mostly millenials and from the USA. I apologized on numerous occasions to Europeans and people from the UK on how some people from the States were acting. It was really sad. Being in Europe for two weeks really opened my eyes to how much this has affected the entire world.

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 11:12 PM, Carnac767 said:

Not to worry.  Your English is way better than my Danish. 😀  Thanks for the report.  We've cruised on Epic a couple of times and our next cruise will be on her.  Incidentally, we love your hometown. We've had some great times in København. 🍻

Thank you guys, when you live here (Copenhagen/København) you don't think it special but I am proud that we are now totally free of Covid restrictions.... We are 5,6 million inhabitants in Denmark and have about 300 cases a day total.... and declining... Hopefully we all can get back to normal soon 🙏

• Like 4

On 9/19/2021 at 2:06 PM, zdcatc12 said:

I boarded in Rome on the 8th and agree for most of this. However, I noticed that few people were following the four to an elevator rule. More than once, I had people get on anyway. Even had people question me about why I said that only four were allowed, only to point to the signs all around and on the elevators. I do give NCL credit though that after returning from excursions, they had an employee at the elevator bank only allowing four people on at a time.

I disagree with you on this. I saw numerous occasions of employees making people wear their masks if they did not have it on.

Also, just as an observation, it appeared that when people did not follow the COVID rules on the ship and/or excursions, they were mostly millenials and from the USA. I apologized on numerous occasions to Europeans and people from the UK on how some people from the States were acting. It was really sad. Being in Europe for two weeks really opened my eyes to how much this has affected the entire world.

I think that its good that the crew inforced the rules, we felt very safe on this cruise. Did you not felt safe?

On 9/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, complawyer said:

well my friend, you should read the most recent post from roxette, completely different point of view, on worst ship

I can't find that review, but I respect that there are other opinions... we do not have to agree on every thing. 

I would like to read it 🙂

On 9/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, complawyer said:

well my friend, you should read the most recent post from roxette, completely different point of view, on worst ship

I found the "Review" from Roxette... I do not agree with her. We had a great cruise on Epic 🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krydstosser said:

I found the "Review" from Roxette... I do not agree with her. We had a great cruise on Epic 🙂

Ah, never mind, just found it.  I searched for NCL Epic and it's under the "Worst Norwegian Ship?" thread. 

Edited by NikiPinkston

1 hour ago, Krydstosser said:

I think that its good that the crew inforced the rules, we felt very safe on this cruise. Did you not felt safe?

No, I did feel safe and thought the crew was enforcing the rules---when they could. For example, they couldn't do anything about people not wearing it on the bus.

55 minutes ago, Krydstosser said:

I agree with you. We had a great cruise also and the Epic is actually one of my favorite ships after the Jade.

I was also on the Epic from 12th to 19th. I agree with most of what Kyrdstosser has said. We had a great holiday and it was such a relief to be away exploring other coutries after such a long time. My experience of Cagney's was much better, so maybe you just hit a bad night. We also ate at the Tepanyaki restaurant and it was excellent. The 4 people in the lift rule was overlooked by many people. We voiced the rule to a group of 3 that started to enter when there were already 4 in there, and they just ignored us. I only once observed staff policing the lifts. We went to Shakers most nights. We found the entertainement varied, plentiful and of a very good standard. We liked Don Juan - pianist and vocalist. We also loved Howl at the Wind. We saw 2 shows in the theatre - Priscilla and Burn the Floor - both brilliant. If anyone has any questions let me know. 

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...