Celebration in August - Suggestions?

divinmule

Well I did it!! I booked our first cruise and I don't know how I will ever be able to wait for it to get here. :)

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your posts and was hoping to gather even more info from you folks as I start to dream about our cruise.

For those of you that have sailed the Celebration to Key West and Nassau what would be your top bit of advice?

My husband and I are both first time cruisers and enjoy active and relaxing life styles.

Most of our vacations have always revolved around our horses (shows, trail riding, etc.) This will be quite a change to have someone taking care of us instead of us pampering the critters.:D

Thanks for any input.

Lari

Is addicting,,,,,,that being said, you will love the Celebration. She was my first cruise to the Bahamas a year ago,,,,older ship, but in great shape. Food and entertainment both were really good. As always, check in to these boards to keep you current on any news. Enjoy your cruise!!!!!! I sure did. Enough to keep me coming back for more.

That's a good ship to get your feet wet in. Start small on a fun ship and then you can handle most any of them once you are find out if you are a cruiser or not. 5 days is a good length for first timers and Key West if you've not been there by car is a great little port to explore. Love cats? Go see the Hemingway House. Nassau has improved greatly in the past few years. See the Atlantis and if you like to snorkel it's a great port to do so in even for first timers. They have a nice zoo too! August will be hotter than winter or spring of course but not as hot as you might think due to totally different climite. Take lots of sun lotion and use it! And don't get uptight when you find there will be lots of children of all ages with you in August. Schools out and that's a family cruise ship. The Celebration has plenty of spots the two of you can find peace and solitude in.

If you want an intimate cruise, and the feeling of being on a real ship, you will love the Celebration. (We sure did!)

If you want to feel like you are taking your vacation at a mall........well. :rolleyes:

Ditto on snorkeling and Atlantis in Nassau. That's what we did and had a great time.

Key West is small and very easy to get around. Plus the ship docks right in the heart of all the action. Great, fun, and funky place to go.

I think you made a great choice for your first cruise. Have a wonderful time, and let us know what you thought when you return!!

Thanks for the info. Looks like that will be my next stop. I know we booked in pretty prime Hurricane season but as an Equine vet it's my slower time of year so I figured it was worth the risk. Sounds like the travel insurance will be my best bet.

Lari

Well I did it!! I booked our first cruise and I don't know how I will ever be able to wait for it to get here. :)

How to prepare for a cruise...

1) Check out whre you are going...Key West and Nassau, oh, and by the way, Jacksonville. Check out all the links on the bottom of the front page her for your locations, and then start asking questions of friends, and others here at CC.

2) Start dreaming...and you are right!! Prepare to be pampered.

3) Have you seen the Expedia.com commercials? That will be YOU by July.

4) Get the map out and start planning how to drive to Jacksonville.

5) Start deciding where you will stay in Jacksonville, and how long. (I highly recommend a couple of days. I started my cruise off with a "Shore Day" in St. Augustine.

6) check out your luggage, and see if you need any thing new.

7) Now that you have taken care of all that....start practicing your smile. You will be wearing it for a month before your cruise, every day during your cruise...and for at least a month afterwards!!

8) And as for the Celebration. You are starting with the best!! A great cruise, plenty of time at sea. Good food. Fantastic service. Oh, the one poster about a lot of kids...I am not sure I agree with that. Here is the south, most schools start by the middle of August.

Hi Lari. Congratulations on booking your first cruise! You will have fun. Very different from any land-based vacation you may have done. We were on the Celebration 5 day in November. Below are links to my review here and my pictures on Yahoo. Any questions...please feel free to ask!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=260659

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mommy3k3/album?.dir=e542&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http% 3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mommy3k3/my_photos

C

Travelgard for the 5 day Celebration should run you about $45 each.

There are so many reasons it is worth it should you need it. Chance are you won't need it but then isn't that why you want it? It's not like you hope something bad will happen.

Hiya doing....

haven't seen you on the boards for a while...

We had so much fun last year, we just booked Celebration for our Second Annual New Years Cruise.

And..for fun we will go on the Older Sister Holiday in October!!

Whats with all the Ohio folks comind down for the Celebration??

Go Bucks

Roll Tide

JB

I was glad to see a Celebration question! Have been lurking around lately because I don't see a cruise in my near future :mad:

Thought I'd re-post my review and pix for the OP because there seems to be few good reviews about this wonderful ship. We're actually contemplating driving or flying to FLA for a 3-day Royay Caribbean in late March! I'm a cruise addict!

C

Archived