Latest time to disembark (and shuttle to airport)?

applequeen

We have a 3:45 flight home from MCO. I currently have transportation booked through Carnival but I am considering cancelling and booking private transportation.

Are there multiple Carnival shuttles back to the airport? Can we take a later shuttle? I'm sure those with early flights will need the earlier seats.

What is the latest time we can get off the ship? We usually drive to the ports and disembark earlyish. 

Under normal circumstances they want you out of the cabin around 8:30AM and off the ship around 9:30AM. They need to get the ship ready for it’s next voyage and the ship down to a zero passenger count before being able to board new passengers. The bus transportation back to the airport usually starts approximately thirty minutes after the ship docks and concludes usually thirty minutes before they start bus passenger service to the Port.

Thanks! If we have to be off the ship around the same we'll stick with the Carnival shuttle option. I'm sure we can find something to do at the airport.

It's never been an issue in the past because we were always driving and ready to hit the road. I think we've always been off the boat by 9:00. Our last cruise was from Jacksonville and the disembarkation that day was the absolute worst I have ever experienced. We stood in a barely moving line for nearly 2 hours (self disembark so we had our luggage). I've never experienced anything like that and it's hard for me to remember what the normal process is. 

6 minutes ago, applequeen said:

Thanks! If we have to be off the ship around the same we'll stick with the Carnival shuttle option. I'm sure we can find something to do at the airport.

It's never been an issue in the past because we were always driving and ready to hit the road. I think we've always been off the boat by 9:00. Our last cruise was from Jacksonville and the disembarkation that day was the absolute worst I have ever experienced. We stood in a barely moving line for nearly 2 hours (self disembark so we had our luggage). I've never experienced anything like that and it's hard for me to remember what the normal process is. 

MCO is known for slow moving, long lines.  There are plenty of food options at the food court.  The Disney folks plan to get to MCO about two hours before their flights.  Security is slow.  Baggage drop off is slow.  You will be glad not to rush.  

I have flown into/ out of MCO for Disney trips. TSA screening was one of the worst I have experienced! I remember one morning one agent was yelling at me to move while the second was yelling at me to stay still. 

I guess it's the price we pay to travel. 🙂 We will have plenty of time for this trip and won't need to stress or rush. There were some earlier flights but I didn't want to take chances at MCO.