Fun for Kids

jenny368

I know the camps are closed for under 12.  My son is 12 but still likes some of the kids activities.  Anyone sail recently and know if they have any kids activities at all still available?   We are sailing out of Baltimore on the Legend 11/21/21.  

• Like 1

There is currently a "live from" thread from the Pride. You might ask if they have seen any kids activities.  If your cruise is over Thanksgiving they might offer something but doubt there will be full schedule as long as covid restrictions are in place 

23 minutes ago, jenny368 said:

I know the camps are closed for under 12.  My son is 12 but still likes some of the kids activities.  Anyone sail recently and know if they have any kids activities at all still available?   We are sailing out of Baltimore on the Legend 11/21/21.  

We cruised earlier this month, there was VERY little for unvaccinated children. Pool, Water Works, Build a Bear (by reservation only), Dive in Movies, and we were able to go into the 'playground' area attached to Camp Ocean (not sure if this exists outside of Vista class ships). Nearly every other 'kids' activity was not happening (ie. towel animal folding, puppet show, Dr. Seuss parade, Cat in the Hat breakfast, Dr. Seuss Bookville, etc.). Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

I thought Circle C was open, since 12 and older have to be vaccinated anyway? So your son would still be able to do fun stuff with them. Or did you mean he likes some of the activities the younger set usually does? (Wouldn't blame him, so would I! 🙂 )

I was under this impression too.  I thought Circle C and Club O2 were still going since everyone in that age group has to be vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jenny368 said:

I'm sailing next week. Ill take some photos/screenshots and post them. I'm sailing with my 12 y/o as well. I cant wait to see the difference as my kids used to LOVE the kids club stuff. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

We cruised earlier this month, there was VERY little for unvaccinated children. Pool, Water Works, Build a Bear (by reservation only), Dive in Movies, and we were able to go into the 'playground' area attached to Camp Ocean (not sure if this exists outside of Vista class ships). Nearly every other 'kids' activity was not happening (ie. towel animal folding, puppet show, Dr. Seuss parade, Cat in the Hat breakfast, Dr. Seuss Bookville, etc.). Hope this helps. 

Is there a playground area on the Mardi Gras?

4 hours ago, jenny368 said:

from everything I read the camps are closed and from past experiences the kids were not able to move from within the camps for age groups.    your son will be in the 12-14 age group and will not be able to participate in the 9-11 age group camp

4 minutes ago, sharon&family said:

Is there a playground area on the Mardi Gras?

With Camp Ocean being in the center of the ship on such a low deck, there is no outdoor area attached to it. It doesn't appear that there is; although, I have not sailed on the Mardi Gras, so I don't know this for sure. 

Thanks everyone.  I was just interested in the Dr. Suess story time, towel animal folding etc. activities.  I know he wouldn't be allowed to join the under 12 kids club (provided there was one).  I would love to hear from any recent sailors who took kids 12 and up and what activities they had for them to do.  

We were on Breeze in July and Mardi Gras in August, and our 17 year old daughter participated in the club for older teens (sorry can't keep straight what it's called) on both, and had a great time.  There were organized events and parties, but sometimes all the teenagers would just meet up at the ropes course, BOLT, etc.  With the messaging app, they all keep in touch throughout the cruise.

It didn't seem any different to me than before the shutdown.

On 9/17/2021 at 10:36 AM, KyloRen said:

I'm sailing next week. Ill take some photos/screenshots and post them. I'm sailing with my 12 y/o as well. I cant wait to see the difference as my kids used to LOVE the kids club stuff. 

Any chance your 12 year old would write or dictate a review or commentary of club C that you could paste here? Would also be interested in a review of club o2 for anyone reading. Sailing with our 2 teenagers (13 and 16) next month during their fall break and interested to know what is happening for them during this pandemic off-season.  Thanks!

16 hours ago, zzdoug said:

Any chance your 12 year old would write or dictate a review or commentary of club C that you could paste here? Would also be interested in a review of club o2 for anyone reading. Sailing with our 2 teenagers (13 and 16) next month during their fall break and interested to know what is happening for them during this pandemic off-season.  Thanks!

We sail 10/2 on the Vista.  I could get my 15 year old to give me a review of club O2.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the circle c agenda for the day 2CD2A4FF-7F5C-4452-B474-A9EEF6301215.thumb.png.5adfac1434ea0010c4fefd896e8b41f1.png

my son is in club O2.  I’m not sure what they did last night because he got back after midnight and I was too tired to talk.  But I know he had a ton of fun and at least 12 of them have plans to meet at the IMAX at 11.  I’ll get more of the scoop at brunch. 

• Thanks 1

Also I have read there are Halloween  activities that sound mostly oriented to young children, but Club Ocean is closed. Do you have a sense of what that will look like and do we need to bring costumes?

https://www.carnival.com/funtastic-holiday-cruises/frightfully-fun-halloween-cruises

Edited by zzdoug
Added link

On 9/22/2021 at 7:11 AM, rlindholm said:

We sail 10/2 on the Vista.  I could get my 15 year old to give me a review of club O2.

@rlindholm,  did your kids enjoy circle c and club o2? Any thoughts or takeaway info?  Thanks.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:16 PM, PurpleShamrock317 said:

My 14 yo is very excited for Circle C. I didn’t know we had to sign up. Where do I do that? We cruising over Thanksgiving.

You sign them up as part of the online check in process within 2 weeks of your embarkation day. There are also onboard orientation sessions that it's probably a good idea to attend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zzdoug said:

@rlindholm,  did your kids enjoy circle c and club o2? Any thoughts or takeaway info?  Thanks.

You sign them up as part of the online check in process within 2 weeks of your embarkation day. There are also onboard orientation sessions that it's probably a good idea to attend.

Thanks! We’ll be sure to hit the orientation.