Testing Positive For Covid During the Cruise?

cruisegeek1974

Apologies if this was answered elsewhere.  I searched the NCL  site but could not find the answer to my question.  If, for example, you take a covid test at the end of the cruise for your flight home (to Canada) and you test positive and need to quaranteen before you fly home, does NCL cover the quaranteen expenses such as food and hotel?

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this!

27 minutes ago, cruisegeek1974 said:

Apologies if this was answered elsewhere.  I searched the NCL  site but could not find the answer to my question.  If, for example, you take a covid test at the end of the cruise for your flight home (to Canada) and you test positive and need to quaranteen before you fly home, does NCL cover the quaranteen expenses such as food and hotel?

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this!

The cost of quarantine is an expense to the traveler(s).  That is why NCL highly recommends Travel insurance for all passengers.  Many cruisers secure their own coverage, but here is further NCL info:

Can I buy travel insurance through Norwegian Cruise Line?

Yes, we offer guests the option to purchase travel protection plans. In addition to a broad set of coverage benefits, our plans cover medical expenses for illnesses, including COVID-19.

Thank you.  it's almost like you need multiple forms of coverage as the included medical coverage on these plans does not seem to be great.  However, the insurance companies will not cover trip cancellation/interruption for any covid related reasons with the travel advisories currently in place.

Having to continue doing my research, thank you.

Not sure if OK to post here. I use InsureMyTrip and my policy covers lodging up to $1500 per person (I have two insured), a large evacuation, medical, cancel for any reason and seveal other types of converage.

Covid is not excliuded so it is included.

Quarantine is specifically incuded.

Base is about $40/person and I paid a few dollars more for $4000 / personn quarantine lodging.

Policy is for 14 days quaranteed.

• Thanks 1