RSSC Free Unlimited Shore Excursions is False, Misleading, Untrue

TV Dad

13 hours ago, mountaindoc358 said:

I just booked an excursion from Villefranche, the alternate port for Monaco which was closed on the upcoming Splendor cruise from Athens to Miami. I had previously booked the excursion to Rothschild estate which was free when the ship was docking in Monaco but I was upset to find the same excursion was now a Regent choice excursion costing $99 from Villefranche. The description of a Regent Choice excursion is as follows on the website:  In addition to offering FREE UNLIMITED SHORE EXCURSIONS on every voyage, for those intrepid explorers who wish to delve deeper into a region’s culture and history, we offer REGENT CHOICE SHORE EXCURSIONS in each destination. The unique and one-of-a-kind content of these popular excursions require a highly discounted supplementary charge to partially offset the cost of their more extravagant nature.

The Rothschild estate is 3 miles from the Villefranche port and costs 15 Euro admission. Foe me, this does not meet the criteria for a Regent Choice excursion, especially since it was offered free when the ship was docking in Monaco. The trend towards charging for more excursions is quite evident here. 

Are the descriptions of the two excursions identical?  Usually a Choice excursion is a smaller group, and often includes some kind of value-add, like a snack, drink, or even a meal.

• Like 2