Hanging Closet Space difference in QM2 Q5 cabin vs Q4

tgetz

We are trying to decide between a Q5 and a Q4 cabin on the Queen Mary. I like the shower  in the Q4 and the extra 1/2 bath and the dining table, but it appears the closet hanging space is less and there is not the hanging closet space as you enter like in the Q5. This will be for a very long cruise so hanging space is important.  Has anyone been in both and have an opinion. Thanks

Thank you both. We are booked on the 23 world cruise and my husband is an over packer just like me and wanted to be sure if we can get that upgrade it would hold all our 'stuff'. It appears to have plenty of drawers and shelves, but I was concerned bout the hanging spaces.

Thanks for your input. Interesting that both of your names start with big 🙂  and Big Mike must live fairly close to us as we live in Conroe, Texas. 

On 9/21/2021 at 9:58 AM, tgetz said:

Thank you both. We are booked on the 23 world cruise and my husband is an over packer just like me and wanted to be sure if we can get that upgrade it would hold all our 'stuff'. It appears to have plenty of drawers and shelves, but I was concerned bout the hanging spaces.

Thanks for your input. Interesting that both of your names start with big 🙂  and Big Mike must live fairly close to us as we live in Conroe, Texas. 

Very, Magnolia. 

We are going on the 2023 world cruise, 117 days, and the 12 night Caribbean cruise before it, so  total  129 days. The longest we have done before, on a different line was 128, and that cabin had lots of hanging space but it lacked drawer space. That cruise the line provided free luggage shipping and we took a total of 17 bags including some we took on the plane. We plan to try to take a few less bags this time 🙂  , but my husband does like to dress as much as I do. The Q4 definitely seems to have plenty of drawer and cabinet space, but since this cruise will  have lots of formal nights and my husband will be taking several tuxes, and at least 4 or 5  dinner jackets, and I  will need  hanging space, too, I was a little concerned. We are only waitlisted for the Q4 but I  understand we have good chance of getting it, so I wanted to know before we might get a call in a few months. I would hate to upgrade, and then regret it.  

9 hours ago, tgetz said:

We are going on the 2023 world cruise, 117 days, and the 12 night Caribbean cruise before it, so  total  129 days. The longest we have done before, on a different line was 128, and that cabin had lots of hanging space but it lacked drawer space. That cruise the line provided free luggage shipping and we took a total of 17 bags including some we took on the plane. We plan to try to take a few less bags this time 🙂  , but my husband does like to dress as much as I do. The Q4 definitely seems to have plenty of drawer and cabinet space, but since this cruise will  have lots of formal nights and my husband will be taking several tuxes, and at least 4 or 5  dinner jackets, and I  will need  hanging space, too, I was a little concerned. We are only waitlisted for the Q4 but I  understand we have good chance of getting it, so I wanted to know before we might get a call in a few months. I would hate to upgrade, and then regret it.  

QM2 has excellent laundry and Dry Cleaners. Let them take care of your clothes, and leave a lot behind. 

9 hours ago, tgetz said:

Big Mike,

If you ever want to meet for dinner to talk about cruising and the QM2, we would love to meet you. Maybe meet somewhere near 1488 and 2978 or closer to Magnolia? 

Would love to. Actually a lunch would be better. Perhaps the Republic Grill off 2978 and Woodlands Pkwy. The half good restaurants in the area are slim pickings. I am a care taker for a friend, but I think we can work something out. 

Edited by Bigmike911