Tampa Streetcar

Barsnikel

We will be staying at the Embassy Suites Downtown Convention Center... it appears that there is a TECO streetcar that stops at (or near) the hotel /convention center, and also stops at (or near) Pier 3 (the Carnival terminal).

Is that feasible to take, or would it be better to just take an Uber ?

if you drag bags from <your> hotel to trolley and then from trolley to terminal I'd say you have covered 1/2 of the total distance .....

p.s. check the trolley schedule .... I THINK they are once an hour at this time . . .

"Reduced Service**: Frequency is reduced to every 60 minutes for the entire week. "

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I live across from the port (walk my bags there) and take the trolley often for work or into Ybor for dinner.  It is free and runs every 15 minutes.  It does stop around the Embassy hotel and right in front of the port.  As long as you can carry your bags onto the trolley, there are 2 steps up, you should be good,  it is free and clean!   Uber will probably be less than $10 for the trip to the port.  Make sure you pull the cord for the stop, the driver will keep going if not!  🤣

It will also take you into Ybor if you are looking for something to do while staying in downtown Tampa.  

• Like 2

This was in 2019, but we took the trolley to our RCL cruise (Brilliance), and it was awesome!  The car was empty, which helped, but the driver was very understanding about our hefting our bags out at our stop -- which, by the way, was just across the parking lot from the terminal.  Highly recommend!

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 2:33 PM, Capt_BJ said:

if you drag bags from <your> hotel to trolley and then from trolley to terminal I'd say you have covered 1/2 of the total distance .....

p.s. check the trolley schedule .... I THINK they are once an hour at this time . . .

"Reduced Service**: Frequency is reduced to every 60 minutes for the entire week. "

I'm not sure about the schedule, but the trolley stopped right outside the front doors of the Marriott (Water Street) -- probably 20 steps -- and let us off on the street side of the terminal parking lot -- about another 120 steps.  Considerably less than 1/2 the total distance from where we were located.  I think it's definitely worth looking into.

• Like 1