Europe 2023

EmmasNana

Carnival will be cruising in Europe between May and October in 2022 with the Pride.  Carnival does not want to cannibalize too much of their other corporation's cruise lines that are based in Europe so that's why they only base 1 ship there during the high summer season for about 5 months.

Aida (Germany), Costa (Italy) and P&O (UK) have the economy lines covered.  While US based Princess and Holland America offer upgraded sailings.  If you must sail on a US based line, I would compare things with Princess.  They offer Princess plus for 40 per day for their sailings.  After factoring out the 15.50 that you would normally pay for tips, for an extra 25.50 per day, you get their drinks package as well as wifi.  Extreme value when you compare what Carnival charges for their wifi and Cheers.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Carnival will be cruising in Europe between May and October in 2022 with the Pride.  Carnival does not want to cannibalize too much of their other corporation's cruise lines that are based in Europe so that's why they only base 1 ship there during the high summer season for about 5 months.

Aida (Germany), Costa (Italy) and P&O (UK) have the economy lines covered.  While US based Princess and Holland America offer upgraded sailings.  If you must sail on a US based line, I would compare things with Princess.  They offer Princess plus for 40 per day for their sailings.  After factoring out the 15.50 that you would normally pay for tips, for an extra 25.50 per day, you get their drinks package as well as wifi.  Extreme value when you compare what Carnival charges for their wifi and Cheers.

Yes, I saw the 2022 sailings but I don't want to go until 2023.  Unfortunately it needs to be carnival. I ended up with well over $10,000 in gift cards when my daughters and grand kids could not go in September. 

2 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Yes, I saw the 2022 sailings but I don't want to go until 2023.  Unfortunately it needs to be carnival. I ended up with well over $10,000 in gift cards when my daughters and grand kids could not go in September. 

Does it have to be Europe?  I would look into either of the Excel ships, the Mardi Gras or the Celebration. A B2B on either of them would be nice and reasonably priced in late August if needed to be over the summer.  Or, you could possibly do the inaugural of Excel 3, which is rumored to be in November of 2023, but the kids would have to be removed from school. 

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Does it have to be Europe?  I would look into either of the Excel ships, the Mardi Gras or the Celebration. A B2B on either of them would be nice and reasonably priced in late August if needed to be over the summer.  Or, you could possibly do the inaugural of Excel 3, which is rumored to be in November of 2023, but the kids would have to be removed from school. 

Yes, we missed out on our 2020 Greek and Mediterranean cruise on RCI. I would rather go when I hope things will be more normal. The kids wont be going anymore, so will just be myself and my husband. We have a journey cruise booked for 2022.

We have discovered that we didn't actually miss cruising as much as we thought and that we don't want to keep going to the same ports over and over and over. 

We also don't want to cruise again until masks and the other mandates are over. 

At this point, itinerary is most important. I don't really care for the ships that have wrap around board walks. They block the view of the ocean when sitting on your balcony.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

It would depend on the itinerary. I need to check out the ship. We do not need a bunch of bells and whistles. 

Here is a link to the best review I have read about the Mardi Gras.  Even though you may not need a bunch of bells and whistles, this ship is truly a game changer for Carnival.  I have cruised on Carnival 20 times over 35 years, but I currently have 4 booked on the Mardi Gras and 1 on the Celebration, it's sister ship debuting next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aukVBEpaf2U&t=3s

Below is a link to the deckplans

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Carnival-Mardi-Gras

Something on the hump or an ocean suite should do the trick for you.  Good luck

16 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Here is a link to the best review I have read about the Mardi Gras.  Even though you may not need a bunch of bells and whistles, this ship is truly a game changer for Carnival.  I have cruised on Carnival 20 times over 35 years, but I currently have 4 booked on the Mardi Gras and 1 on the Celebration, it's sister ship debuting next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aukVBEpaf2U&t=3s

Below is a link to the deckplans

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Carnival-Mardi-Gras

Something on the hump or an ocean suite should do the trick for you.  Good luck

I will check it out.

23 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Carnival usually sails in Europe from May through October.  You may have to wait until 2022 before they release the dates for 2023.  They may not yet have those set up.  But keep checking their website or even these boards for release dates.

Yeah, I was hoping to be able to use the funds from a May cruise that was canceled and gives me $600 OBC. I think those Carnival canceled cruises still have to be booked by Dec. 2021 and used by Sept. 2023.

2 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

The Pride is listed in several port schedules for 2023. They released 2022 in January 2021 but when they released the now cancelled 2021 season it was November 2019. So could be anytime late this year to early next.

Thanks for that info. I will just have to keep an eye out. 

Bookings now open on the Pride.  Transatlantic eastbound is 14 days departing on 4/23/23, with the Transatlantic westbound  on 10/28/23.  In between, there are seven 9 day trips, three 10 day trips and six 12 day trips, covering all of Europe and the Med.