Cruise before repositioning

margaritaville momma

Yes, we’ve done 2 b2b for 28 days. Both were med attached to the transatlantic cruise. No difference. If ever there’s a chance to do them jump on it. Of course only if you’re an avid cruiser. Some people say 7 days are enough. For us we have a 6 day coming up and we just feel like we will get on then off.

Take this with a grain of salt - in 30 cruises, we've never had a cruise so disappointing we came away wishing we'd spent our money elsewhere.  We're obviously pretty easy to please!

I was on a sailing one week before repositioning - I think two short cruises before the repositioning sailing - and it was just fine. Some of the staff had already left, we were told, but we would not have known if we weren't the sort to chat up the staff.  Our steward was going to leave either before or after the reposition, can't remember which, but it didn't affect how well he tended to us.  I've heard about difficulties right AFTER repositioning, with new crew adjusting to old crew, and everyone getting used to the new routine, but we've been on a couple of those with no issues worth mentioning either.  I'd definitely feel safe booking either!  

• Like 1

One thing we have noticed when the ship is repositioning for seasonal reasons to cruise warmer climes we have noticed a greatly diminished supply of items in the shops. For example T-shirts for where you are may be out of stock or only in XXXXXL size and there will be clothing on display for the region and ports where the ship is repositioning to. We've never noticed fewer comedians or live shows that are ordinarily scheduled. I will say we noticed public show rooms were closed to daytime events like bingo because the dance teams were rehearsing their acts when shows were changing. Other than that we haven't felt like we got less than what we were expecting. Have fun if you do go.