2023 Europe and North America Brochure cover photo

auldlassie

I just got a copy of Oceania's 2023 Europe and North America brochure this morning. UK version with prices in £ sterling. I'm already booked on Vista inJuly/August 2023. Puzzled for a moment by the cover photograph of the brochure. Inside it says it is Portofino and waxes lyrical about it's beautiful harbour.  Only snag is that it is not Portofino at all. It is similar, but absolutely not Portofino. It is Vernazza - one of the Cinque Terre further down the Italian coast, albeit a flipped left to right photo. Hmm, if you are in charge of picking the cover photo for a brochure, you'd think a proper check of the photos and attributions would be in order, wouldn't you?  Anyone else spotted it too? Let's hope the captains know where they are going even if the "office" doesn't? 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Heh. I was trying to choose shorex in the eastern Med a couple of months ago--before we had to cancel the Azamara cruise--and they had an exciting tour of an ancient oracle's site in Turkey. Gorgeous pic with it. Only, it looked really familiar... I had to compare photos. Yep, it was unmistakably the Tholos at Delphi in Greece, on the other side of the Aegean. You'd think SOMEONE would be a fact-checker/photochecker, right? 

And BTW, I saw that photo on the brochure too, and said, "Didn't we go to Portofino?" Because I couldn't remember it looking like that. 

Edited by sofietucker
  • Like 2

I got this brochure a few days ago. I've never been to Portofino so didnt spot the error. That said, it really is surprising that no-one properly checked. They have obviously put  a lot of effort into this UK orientated version. I didnt spot a single example where they hadnt used British spellings and terminology .

Edited by Harters