Thermal Suite question

duck65

Hello,

First time SS cruiser here on Spirit in Feb. 22 and have a question about the thermal suites and jacuzzi  in the spa. Do you have to pay to use this area of the ship?  Can not find any info on their website.  Sorry if this has been asked before.

26 minutes ago, duck65 said:

Hello,

First time SS cruiser here on Spirit in Feb. 22 and have a question about the thermal suites and jacuzzi  in the spa. Do you have to pay to use this area of the ship?  Can not find any info on their website.  Sorry if this has been asked before.

Yes.  There is a charge, and a limited number of passes are sold in order to limit crowding.  I think it may have been close to $100 for a 10 day cruise.  They do sell out.  If there is little demand, day passes may be sold.

It's a very nice facility.  

Importantly, I am not certain that steam rooms and sauna are open in days of Covid.  Reports would be welcome.

9 hours ago, Observer said:

Yes.  There is a charge, and a limited number of passes are sold in order to limit crowding.  I think it may have been close to $100 for a 10 day cruise.  They do sell out.  If there is little demand, day passes may be sold.

It's a very nice facility.  

Importantly, I am not certain that steam rooms and sauna are open in days of Covid.  Reports would be welcome.

Really, you have to pay to use the sauna/steam rooms?  Most high end cruise lines we’ve cruised on it’s part of the cruise, no a up charge for that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ronrick1943 said:

Really, you have to pay to use the sauna/steam rooms?  Most high end cruise lines we’ve cruised on it’s part of the cruise, no a up charge for that.

Sorry.  I was not clear.  

There are sauna and steam rooms open to all at no upcharge on all of the many SS ships I have been on (that may be all but the Moon).  

The thermal suite facilities are available on Musified ships (Spirit, Muse, etc) are especially nice, they are unisex, and they have their own sauna/steam facilties.  But even on these Musified ships, guests can use the "general" sauna/steam facilities at no charge.

4 hours ago, Observer said:

Sorry.  I was not clear.  

There are sauna and steam rooms open to all at no upcharge on all of the many SS ships I have been on (that may be all but the Moon).  

The thermal suite facilities are available on Musified ships (Spirit, Muse, etc) are especially nice, they are unisex, and they have their own sauna/steam facilties.  But even on these Musified ships, guests can use the "general" sauna/steam facilities at no charge.

Thanks, that makes more sense.

One more question: I've just booked a transatlantic on the Spirit for this coming spring. Seems like a Thermal Suite pass would be especially nice. What would be included in that package? And, more specifically, what would be included that I couldn't access otherwise?

Thx in advance for sharing your wisdom and experience, 

The entire Thermal Suite is available only to pass holders.

Many of the amenities in the thermal suite are available elsewhere on the ship to all guests:  outdoor loungers, jacuzzi, steam, sauna, showers.  The only thing I think is unique to Thermal Suite are the heated ceramic beds (of which there are three or four.)  

Though sauna and steam, for example, are available elsewhere to non-Thermal Suite holders, everything in the Thermal Suite is of an especially high quality, even higher than elsewhere on the ship.

Some people who buy a pass use it a lot.  I have spoken with others who used it a couple of times and wished they had not invested so much money for something they did not much use.