NCL Free at Sea - Specialty Dining limitations?

Fire6

2 hours ago, jezabel80 said:

Our last cruise, we were seated near a couple in the MDR, not a specialty restaurant.  The woman ordered her dinner,  took a couple of bites, then said,  I don't like this, I'll try something else.  She must have done this three times.   She did it again with the dessert.   I know you can get whatever you want,  but it just seemed so wasteful.  The worse part,  she would snap her fingers at the waiter to call him over,  and tell him to take the food away because she didn't like it. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you don't like something you are served (whether on a cruise ship or in a restaurant down the street), do not feel compelled to eat it. Send it back. 

On 9/30/2021 at 3:59 PM, OrcaGirl said:

No, that's not correct.

You can use your Free at Sea specialty dining credits at any of the specialty restaurants.

The line that's confusing you is intended to mean that if you dine at Cagney's or Le Bistro as one of your selections, you only get one main course included and you would have to pay the a la carte price if you wanted a second main course. Your appetizers, desserts, etc. are still included.

There are many, many threads on here about the ins and outs of the Free at Sea specialty dining program; take a read through a few of them and they'll probably answer any other questions you have.

Interesting that just yesterday I called into the Haven help line to make dining reservations. We get two specialty meals because we are Platinum with NCL and two with our promotion. I booked Cagney's first, then Ocean Blue, then Le Bistro. We wanted to visit Cagney's again like we always do (our favorite) and I was told that we couldn't do that, per the rules and had to pick La Cucina (not a horrible choice, but not what we wanted).

32 minutes ago, mjcatlvr said:

Interesting that just yesterday I called into the Haven help line to make dining reservations. We get two specialty meals because we are Platinum with NCL and two with our promotion. I booked Cagney's first, then Ocean Blue, then Le Bistro. We wanted to visit Cagney's again like we always do (our favorite) and I was told that we couldn't do that, per the rules and had to pick La Cucina (not a horrible choice, but not what we wanted).

Yes, for the Platinum meal, you get a dinner at Cagney's or Le Bistro (with a bottle of wine); and a dinner at La Cucina or Monderno. These offers are from CruiseNext / Latitudes. They are totally different than the Free at Sea promotions and are a lot more restrictive on what you can order.  

image.thumb.png.ccfea2ca2412ec42f0763dd27ba6681d.png

image.thumb.png.2d1676e55b3a9593af9d220292d09398.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1