Ladies, suggestions please

GoldenGopher

My DH has given me jewelry to wear with my formal outfit. Jewelry always works!

We also give each other tanning sessions so that we won't burn on the cruise. That Caribbean sun can be brutal.

Your ship is gorgeous! Here is a picture of her next to our ship in Costa Maya. http://community.webshots.com/photo/527685047/1538512046083281049PfxBAA

Have a fabulous cruise. The first one is always so special!

How sweet of you to do such a thing!

I would also agree with a spa treatment. Or jewelry. Maybe if you are going to someplace where there are good jewelry prices (or on the ship), you can sneak away for a few minutes, buy a piece she had admired and then present it to her at dinner or during a romantic moment.

You can also have flowers delivered to your stateroom before you embark.

I would wait until on board to give her her gift. I would order from the cruise line a dozen roses, a bottle of champage and chocolate covered strawberries...with a wonderful note telling her just how much she truely means to you! This would all be waiting in your cabin before you depart. But you must call the cruise line at least 3 or 4 weeks before departing to order. Not only will this be a gift to her...but trust me, you will have the best cruise you have ever had! LOL

Rev, that was a pretty good answer. A little romance in a marriage can make a good trip great. And if a person is financially able, a string of pearls would go nice for the formal nights.

We live on a point system at my house. These two items would put me in good standing.:D I might even get to take a fishing trip or two after I returned home.

It would help if the original poster gave us more information--after all, he knows his wife best:D And, he knows his budget.....For instance, my husband knows that jewelry is a no-no unless I specifically pick something out (I don't wear much and what I do wear--I'm picky:rolleyes: ) etc. I guess I'm not like most women, but I don't go much for the stereotypical "romance" things (champagne, roses, chocolate...I know, I'm odd!) Maybe a fun splurge like a limo from airport/hotel to the pier? Again, I could think of a gazillion things I would like before or on a cruise, but--would the original poster's wife like them and are they within his budget??

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I've still got time to figure something out. These suggestions will help.

Hoyaheel,

I purposely did not attempt to spell out my spouse's likes and dislikes. I wanted to know what you cruise veterans found essential. Then I could determine which my spouse might like. Because we have never cruised before, your personal opinions are helpful. I smiled when I read your comment that your husband doesn't give you jewelry unless you've picked it out. That could have come from the mouth of the woman who has tolerated me for the last 28 plus years. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Don't under estimate the value of a great carry on piece of luggage. I'm small and I always struggle with that piece of the travel experience. I finally found a perfect piece. It has enough room for me to carry a change of outfits, in case our luggage is lost, and a book/magazine. It also has a special pocket for documents.... It has a pull out piece that has pockets for all my cosmetics and shampoos and such and has a hanger hook so you just hang it in the bathroom, no disorganized make up bag....and it's a nice small size....perfect! Inside slip some goodies! When we travel I always give my family a bag of goodies just for them, gum, hand wipes, magazine/puzzlebooks, pen, candy....oh and you can throw in a little piece of jewelry or a nice black shawl for those dressy formal nights. Have fun!;)

I would definatly enjoy a before and after limo ride with a bottle of champane to set the mood going in and going out. THat is classy. I too would probably not really care for the typical roses and such. I am 28 years old and married for 6 years together for 12 years with two young children. That is just my profile for romance! ;)

Archived