Upcoming NCL Escape Cruise: Question About NCL's Cozumel Excursions

PGPrendy

Hi 👋

I'm excited about an upcoming NCL Escape cruise which includes some time in Cozumel. I've visited Cozumel before, and I'm considering staying on the ship, but I'm also considering making use of the excursion credit offered by NCL. Thinking of visiting Playa Mia. I've read various reviews of the location itself, so my question isn't so much about Playa Mia itself, but rather, what the difference between the two NCL shore excursions are. The written descriptions don't seem to explain the difference, but one is $89 while the other is $49. Other than price, do you know the difference between the Deluxe Beach Break at Playa Mia, and the Playa Mia Day Pass and Transfer?

Thanks!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

We HATED playa mia.  run down dirty and very little to it.  The pictures are not accurate.

8 minutes ago, Cruiser933 said:

DH and I loved Playa Mia, but we did a cooking class that included access to drinks and all activities before and after the class. It was offered through a 3rd party.

If one person hates it, does that mean the OP will also hate it?

If one person loves it, does that mean the OP will also love it?

This is a perfect illustration of the shortcomings of CC. What you get is a person's opinion of their unique experience (which may or may not be a "one off"), when what you really need is information as to whether or not the experience will satisfy the wants/needs of the OP.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2021 at 11:57 AM, PGPrendy said:

Hi 👋

I'm excited about an upcoming NCL Escape cruise which includes some time in Cozumel. I've visited Cozumel before, and I'm considering staying on the ship, but I'm also considering making use of the excursion credit offered by NCL. Thinking of visiting Playa Mia. I've read various reviews of the location itself, so my question isn't so much about Playa Mia itself, but rather, what the difference between the two NCL shore excursions are. The written descriptions don't seem to explain the difference, but one is $89 while the other is $49. Other than price, do you know the difference between the Deluxe Beach Break at Playa Mia, and the Playa Mia Day Pass and Transfer?

Thanks!

From reading both descriptions, I found what is highlighted below is the big difference!!!

(And the "Deluxe" package description is more wordy than the other).

Your worry-free tour package includes round-trip transportation, all you can eat service, and domestic open bar, access to waterslides, pools, non-motorized water toys and much more! This is the ideal place to swim in the crystal- clear waters of the Caribbean, sunbathe on the white-sand beach or have a blast in the largest floating park of the island. Explore the Buccaneer’s Bay kid’s area; a lagoon-pool chock-full of fun activities including a pirate ship, water cannons, water sprays and animal slides; relax with your favorite drink at the Oasis Island Pool and make a splash on the 200-foot long Twin Twister Waterslides. Your tour also includes access to lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, a large shopping area, underwater Mayan city, organized games, playground, kayaks pedal boats, beach volleyball, and more. Other optional services and activities such as massage and snorkel gear rental are available for an additional fee.

19 hours ago, PGPrendy said:

Never mind. It's definitely in the tour description. Guess I read too fast the first few times. The deluxe option includes all you can eat service and open bar. The day pass and transfer does not. 

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

From reading both descriptions, I found what is highlighted below is the big difference!!!

(And the "Deluxe" package description is more wordy than the other).

Your worry-free tour package includes round-trip transportation, all you can eat service, and domestic open bar, access to waterslides, pools, non-motorized water toys and much more! This is the ideal place to swim in the crystal- clear waters of the Caribbean, sunbathe on the white-sand beach or have a blast in the largest floating park of the island. Explore the Buccaneer’s Bay kid’s area; a lagoon-pool chock-full of fun activities including a pirate ship, water cannons, water sprays and animal slides; relax with your favorite drink at the Oasis Island Pool and make a splash on the 200-foot long Twin Twister Waterslides. Your tour also includes access to lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, a large shopping area, underwater Mayan city, organized games, playground, kayaks pedal boats, beach volleyball, and more. Other optional services and activities such as massage and snorkel gear rental are available for an additional fee.

I could be mistaken, but I think the OP already figured that out. But, then again, maybe not?