Half Price Pinnacle

theonlypino

We're traveling on th O' in March.

What is the earliest reservation taken for the half price night?

When is the earliest we can make our reservation? Can it be done prior to boarding?

DW and I are thinking about making an early reservation for the Pinnale Grill and then meeting our table mates for the regular dinner seating at 8pm. Of course we wouldn't eat in the regualr dining room only socialize. Good idea?!?

Don't know how early you can make reservations but it is first come-first serve. Go directly to the Pinnacle dining room as soon as you board.

Be sure to inform the matre 'd you'll miss your seating. They don't care if you miss dinner but want to know if you're aboard and the seatings are filled.

When we didn't inform him he tracked us down for an update on our plans for the remaider of the cruise.

We were just on the Amsterdam last month and they had half price dining the first night. We just let the maitre 'd know the first night, stopped by our reserved table and did a meet and greet with our table mates and then enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the Pinnacle. I highly recommend it.

Trisha

I do believe HAL has done away with the half price Pinnacle dining

Really? I hadn't heard that. I hope they haven't.

We have called HAL ship services before and reserved a first night Pinnacle dining time. You can do this anytime you like.

I booked the pinnacle grill by calling their 800 number on the HAL website. I booked it for the first night of the cruise and I was charged $10 per person. I saw it on our credit card bill. I booked it more than a month ahead. We are cruising on The Veendam 3/18!

Enjoy!!:D :D

I booked the Pinnacle in Jan. for the Mar. 13 Volendam. I was charged $10 pp for the first night - the earliest I could get was 7pm and I have heard no more from them re: raising the price.

The waiters will have to wait until the 2nd night to see our smiling faces:D as we have early seating and cannot do both.

Mar

I do remember a couple of people who said that the half price first night at the Pinnacle was being done away as of Feb 1.

I assume that is for all new reservations and they will honor those already made???

When I called in Nov to make a reservation on the Veendam I was told that they weren't going to do the 2 for 1 after the first of the year. Then I read on here that they were still taking reservations so I called back and they did confirm me for the Pinnacle 2 for 1 for the Veendam 4/1. I have a copy of the email confirming this! I too assume that they will honor our reservation.

I'm sorry to be the one to break the news to you. As of February 1, 2006, there is no more 1/2 price in the Pinnacle dining room on the first evening of the cruise.

I just booked directly with HAL for the March 18th Oosterdam sailing and asked the agent since I had heard folks mention it on the board. She said that they received a memo and the change was effective February 1st.

Since I don't work for HAL, ;) I can't speak to those who have made reservations before February 1st. However, I would imagine that HAL would honor the reservation at the previous price. However, $20.00 is still a great deal so enjoy - it's your vacation!

We're traveling on the O' in March.

What is the earliest reservation taken for the half price night?quote]

Cheryl is correct.

I made my reservations for my Pinnacle dinner party on Feb 2, and was told that there would be no more 1/2 price reservations taken from there in.

Of course they will honor 1/2 price reservations made before Feb 1, but they had to draw the line in the sand somehow...

Thank you everyone for the feedback.

With the elimination of the 2 for 1, is there any incentive to dine the first night in the Pinnacle? Even at regular price it is still a very nice "date night", but I'm always looking for a deal.

... We just let the maitre 'd know the first night, stopped by our reserved table and did a meet and greet with our table mates and then enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the Pinnacle. I highly recommend it.

Trisha

Our thoughts exactly

... I booked the pinnacle grill by calling their 800 number on the HAL website.

Thanks for the tip.

Phil

Archived