Galveston Check In Times

We're boarding the Dream on Saturday. We chose 11:30 am as our check in time, and were assigned boarding group B01. There's now a chance we'll arrive an hour or two late. What's the procedure at the port for passengers that arrive after their assigned boarding time? Thanks in advance. 

In the past in Galveston there was an "on time" line and an "early or late" line. When you got there determined what line you got in. Once you get in the building you board by your boarding group.

My last cruise (Sept 13th on the Breeze)  we had a noon check in time. It was pouring down rain. When we got to the port they were allowing everyone in the building with no regard to check in time.

1 hour ago, Bevv said:

In the past in Galveston there was an "on time" line and an "early or late" line. When you got there determined what line you got in. Once you get in the building you board by your boarding group.

My last cruise (Sept 13th on the Breeze)  we had a noon check in time. It was pouring down rain. When we got to the port they were allowing everyone in the building with no regard to check in time.

I  cruised last month and arrived 15 minutes before my time or less. There was one line they said too full ... go over there and sit and wait. After that whole line was let inside then they started where I was. Vista must have had to many 1030 am times they gave out. 

No sign whatsoever of a early and on time line. 

On 10/9/2021 at 10:56 AM, Bevv said:

we just got off of the Vista on Saturday.  It was pouring when we got on, streets flooded etc.  They still have people going to the on time line or early/late line.  We got there at 1045 for the 10:30-11 check in time.  Everything went very smoothly and we only sat down for about 15 minutes before they called our A04 boarding zone.