islands and liquor sales

21 hours ago, brillohead said:

Years ago I took a friend on her first ever cruise, and we had a stop at Grand Cayman.  She bought a bottle of rum called "Big Black <Nickname for Richard that would probably be censored>".  It's named after a pirate, Richard Le Noir.

I was HOPING to get another bottle of it for her when I cruised there in December, but we all know that's not going to happen.  

Has anyone ever seen Big Black Richard rum available for sale on any other islands or port stops in the Caribbean?  Unless itineraries change, I'll be stopping at most of the islands over the course of the next year.  I can't even find if it's still in production....

just bought a bottle in st marteen (At the cheese shop)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dappledumpling said:

just bought a bottle in st marteen (At the cheese shop)

Thanks so much, @dappledumpling!!!  She'll be so surprised! One of my other December cruises will be in XM.  

Which cheese shop were you at?  Planning on lunch at the Blue <female dog word> Bar... is it in that same stretch of the main drag?

EDIT:  I just googled... is it Amsterdam Cheese and Liquor Store, by any chance?

Edited by brillohead

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Thanks so much, @dappledumpling!!!  She'll be so surprised! One of my other December cruises will be in XM.  

Which cheese shop were you at?  Planning on lunch at the Blue <female dog word> Bar... is it in that same stretch of the main drag?

EDIT:  I just googled... is it Amsterdam Cheese and Liquor Store, by any chance?

Yup  thats the place...alot of cheese to sample too

• Thanks 1