Air Plus flight changes with no notification

broker1217

Baron--be aware that you are not ticketed. You have a theoretical flight schedule.

And Viking Air may change it to another airline or different times or routing without notification.

So watch closely until it is actually ticketed.

And yes--I had to spend a fair amount of time on the phone to get my preferred flights.

Which were subsequently changed to another airline with no notification.

Make sure you sign up for flight notifications for your currently booked flights. And also check MVJ regularly for any changes. 

Until you show as 'ticketed' on the airline website with a 13 digit ticket number---you do not have a real reservation.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 5:45 PM, Baron Barracuda said:

Was a bit annoyed that despite airfare being "included" for our sailing and my having selected the cheapest outbound flight on UAL's web site VAP reported it carried a $94pp upcharge.  The flight was the only daily non-stop so we paid up.  Also while the UAL site quoted $200 to upgrade to premium economy for VAP it was $400.  At least we're booked and have our seat assignments.   I'll monitor periodically to make sure nothing changes.

As @FlyerTalkersaid, you really can't compare published rates on an airline's website to the contracted rate that Viking is using.  Also, when you have the "free air" , you need to realize that it is  in economy and any upgrades that you want to say Premium Economy or Business , is going to cost you a lot more than you think it should be. Booking a trip with "free Air" is usually a very good value but it comes with restrictions on what you can do with the flights.  

Anyone that wants to have a lot of control over all aspects of their flights needs to book their own.