Havila Booking (UK)

hobbsie65

Hi, 

Has anyone in the UK booked successfully through the Havila website? I have tried several cards but due to the security for UK cards (putting in pin from text) it will not process booking. Unfortunately you can not pay over the phone either with them. Prices seem great atm for 2023 so trying to lock in that price. Thanks 

10 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Have you contacted Havila? They consider the UK as a major market, so it amazes me if their on-Line payment system can not handle UK credit cards.

Phone UK: +44 3455 280 026 or contact form

https://www.havilavoyages.com/about-havila/contact-us - they respond very quickly.

I called them & they sent the screen shot to the IT team - unfortunately they can not take payments over the phone. When we make a payment the bank sends us a text with code which we enter on the payment screen - the Havila website lets us do this but once we enter the code the payment screen crashes. Hopefully the IT team will get it fixed. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hobbsie65 said:

Prices seem great atm for 2023 so trying to lock in that price.

Prices last went up about four weeks ago--shortly before we booked. That increase was 10% on summer 2023 fares. It is usually our US credit cards that cause problems on European sites.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2021 at 2:38 PM, hallasm said:

Hope they will solve the issue soon.

Got an email today - they are aware of a problem when they switched servers for the website & have held a nice starboard midship cabin for me until it is fixed & I can pay them. I am saving about £5k over Hurtigruten so very happy & the ships looks wonderful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hobbsie65 said:

Got an email today - they are aware of a problem when they switched servers for the website & have held a nice starboard midship cabin for me until it is fixed & I can pay them. I am saving about £5k over Hurtigruten so very happy & the ships looks wonderful. 

Glad it worked out for you. They were very responsive when we had questions. Our savings are about the same.

• Like 1