Sailing capacity versus berths sold on Cunarders

richard_london

Hi, apologies if this has been answered previously but I couldn't find anything.

If Cunard's ships are sailing at reduced capacity, are Cunard limiting sales or are the selling future cruises to 100% capacity on the assumption or hope that it will be possible by the date of the cruise?

I've just paid the balance for a January cruise on the QM2 and moved it from a QE cruise with their transfer policy so I'm relatively late booking.

I'm wondering, if they sold it at 100% capacity and then can only sail at say 70% capacity I assume they'd have to cancel some people's bookings?  And then if so, on what basis, last on first out?

Has anyone experienced being bumped off a Cunard cruise due to capacity issues?

Thanks in advance.

Good question.

However, if you are on the QM2 from Southampton on January 14th 2022 I don't think you need to fear being bumped off. This is because this cruise, M204P Caribbean, was a replacement for cancelled earlier advertised cruises on the QM2 and only went on sale at the start of August 2021. So any capacity restrictions would have been applied from the start then, rather than now applying one retrospectively.

If these Boards are to be believed, a number of passengers booked on this cruise are getting cold feet and cancelling by transfer to next summer and onwards or to a shorter cruise, so I suspect that even the planned capacity % may not be achieved in the event unless there is a lot of loosening of restrictions, tests and paper work and insurance clarification between now and January - we shall see.

We are on M204P and will be going unless they chain us down on the quayside in Southampton as the QM2 sails away!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

However, if you are on the QM2 from Southampton on January 14th 2022 I don't think you need to fear being bumped off.

I'm the 4-day Hamburg one, which I think is the cruise before yours.  I shall keep an eye on the boards and will wait and see what happens.  Hoping I don't get bumped, it will be 2+ years since I last was able to cruise.