Bubble tours?

dogdoc2002

• 1 month later...

Royal Caribbean indicates on their website that you do have to participate in bubble tours.

From what I have been able to find out (present situation) there are two options.

1. A Ship tour.

2.  It sounds like we will have access to the shopping area at the port or at very least a kiosk that also provides government approved bubble tours.  I have heard (directly from ST. Kitts tourism) that they have two offerings related to panoramic tours.   

I am presently attempting to find out what Barbados and St. Lucia are doing as it seems these are bubble ports as well. 

I hope this helps.  

J

• Like 1

All,

We had booked thru the ship. There were many many people that were herded into lines that wrapped back and forth thru the building below.  From that line we were taken to a gate on the right side of this picture and sent in groups to cabs.  When we reached the resort each cab driver gave his group a time to be back at the resort entrance for the return trip.  We were able to walk the entire length of the beach and even went down to one of the other bars who we had visited before covid.  At the end of our time the cab driver took us back to the far end of the fenced off shopping area.  

Based on what I watched while waiting for our cab driver, when we returned I stopped at the Booth on the right side of this picture.  An employee told me that as of that day and for future trips we can just get off and arrange a tour with a cab driver thru her.  

A Relaxing Day with the Black Sands of Shipwreck Beach St. Kitts

Note that based on what RCCL had posted, we booked thru the ship, but for future trips I will not go with the herds of people, but instead will book privately.  I will note that we did book a private tour for our group in Antiqua, and found out that we could have done the same in Barbados.

This was our experience, but everyone needs to contact RCCL or make an interpretation for themselves.  Also note that our entire group were vaccinated.  The rules are VERY different if you have children who have not been vaccinated.

7 hours ago, kjenaz said:

All,

We had booked thru the ship. There were many many people that were herded into lines that wrapped back and forth thru the building below.  From that line we were taken to a gate on the right side of this picture and sent in groups to cabs.  When we reached the resort each cab driver gave his group a time to be back at the resort entrance for the return trip.  We were able to walk the entire length of the beach and even went down to one of the other bars who we had visited before covid.  At the end of our time the cab driver took us back to the far end of the fenced off shopping area.  

Based on what I watched while waiting for our cab driver, when we returned I stopped at the Booth on the right side of this picture.  An employee told me that as of that day and for future trips we can just get off and arrange a tour with a cab driver thru her.  

A Relaxing Day with the Black Sands of Shipwreck Beach St. Kitts

Note that based on what RCCL had posted, we booked thru the ship, but for future trips I will not go with the herds of people, but instead will book privately.  I will note that we did book a private tour for our group in Antiqua, and found out that we could have done the same in Barbados.

This was our experience, but everyone needs to contact RCCL or make an interpretation for themselves.  Also note that our entire group were vaccinated.  The rules are VERY different if you have children who have not been vaccinated.

Thank you for this very helpful "real time" update on St Kitts. We will be there in just over 2 weeks, and are vaccinated.

I see online that the entry requirements for St Kitts require "negative PCR test 3 days before embarkation" - can you speak to this? We will be given a test at the dock by SeaDream before embarkation, but I am assuming it will not be a PCR test as the results will be back "within 30 minutes". I am trying to figure out if that test will suffice for St Kitts, or if we need to arrange for a PCR test as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 3:29 AM, terry&mike said:

Thank you for this very helpful "real time" update on St Kitts. We will be there in just over 2 weeks, and are vaccinated.

I see online that the entry requirements for St Kitts require "negative PCR test 3 days before embarkation" - can you speak to this? We will be given a test at the dock by SeaDream before embarkation, but I am assuming it will not be a PCR test as the results will be back "within 30 minutes". I am trying to figure out if that test will suffice for St Kitts, or if we need to arrange for a PCR test as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

I am finding their online tourism info to be quite lacking when it comes to cruise ship stops. We are tested before getting onboard also and St Kitts is day 5. So unless the cruise ship plans to test everyone onboard-and I've seen no posts or wording on RCCL site to indicate this- I think cruise ships are exempt from this.

Would love to hear from some one that has been there in the last week or so. This board does not seem to be one of the more active ones on CC though