MSC Magnifica - ex Rome - 18 Apr 22 - CANCELLED

GenSteve

I've never cruised with MSC before but did a status match to Diamond and wanted to try them in 2022. I booked an 11-night Magnifica itinerary departing 18 Apr 22 from Rome to Southampton in July. I tried accessing my booking the past 2 days and got error messages. I tried calling MSC. After 10 minutes of navigating a ridiculous phone tree, I spoke with an agent. She told me the sailing was CLOSED - aka cancelled - for the 18 Apr 21 departure. I received no notification and, apparently, can't even request a deposit refund until MSC decides what's happening with this date. The odd thing is that the cruise is still available from Genoa departing 19 Apr 22.

Is MSC really this bad? Their technology and customer service are awful.

Edited by Host Hattie
Corrected date

• Host Hattie changed the title to MSC Magnifica - ex Rome - 18 Apr 22 - CANCELLED
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 4:41 PM, GenSteve said:

I've never cruised with MSC before but did a status match to Diamond and wanted to try them in 2022. I booked an 11-night Magnifica itinerary departing 18 Apr 22 from Rome to Southampton in July. I tried accessing my booking the past 2 days and got error messages. I tried calling MSC. After 10 minutes of navigating a ridiculous phone tree, I spoke with an agent. She told me the sailing was CLOSED - aka cancelled - for the 18 Apr 21 departure. I received no notification and, apparently, can't even request a deposit refund until MSC decides what's happening with this date. The odd thing is that the cruise is still available from Genoa departing 19 Apr 22.

Is MSC really this bad? Their technology and customer service are awful.

To answer your last paragraph, in a word yes! US cruise departures seem to fare better, but UK not so. We have also had a short April cruise on Orchestra from Southampton to Hamburg cancelled on us, it looks as though the repositioning cruises are either sailing empty or re-deployments have been cancelled...