Hurricane Ida made me cancel Bliss cruise

tallyho8

Lots of damage that will take some time to repair has made me cancel one of my upcoming cruises on Bliss. Luckily, final payment date was extended so I was able to cancel without a penalty and I had booked it with a $250 Cruise Next Certificate that will be returned to me but now I won't be able to use it by the date it expires on April 23, 2022. But at least all I will lose is the $150 I paid for the certificate. 

I have several other cruises booked that are past final payment and I can't cancel them so I had to choose this one to cancel. I had 14 cruises cancelled on me since the pandemic so I booked a lot to make up for it.

As far as I remember the CruiseNext expiration date is the day until you can use the certificate for a deposit, not a sail date. 
In other words you can put a deposit on April  22 2022 for a cruise sailing in 2023.

I do understand the damages from Hurricane Ida.... She was not nice.  I cancelled my Europe trip that I had booked for November.  But I have decided to leave from NOLA in November.  I need a vacation!!! Especially after the mess of Hurricane Ida.... My storm debris was finally picked up on Thursday!! - Still waiting for my roof to be completed and my floors to be repaired.

Hopefully it will all be completed in the next few weeks.... Lots of roofs need to be replaced in my area.

Hang in there, WE are Louisiana STRONG!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lixogab said:

As far as I remember the CruiseNext expiration date is the day until you can use the certificate for a deposit, not a sail date. 
In other words you can put a deposit on April  22 2022 for a cruise sailing in 2023.

No, you must use the deposit by April 22, 2022 for cruise that sails by the same expiration date. 

Remember when you first bought the CruiseNext certificates, they had 4 years expiration and they have to be used for any sailings before the expiration date. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1